RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 3.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 228   ABV: 7.6%
Every time I try one of these Imperial Pilsners I immediately ask myself..."in what way is this a Pilsner?" Ussually there is nothing pils about these beers. This strong lager, however, is exactly what it says it is. Light golden, fluffy white head. Lots of rich german pilsner malts. Tons of incredibly floral noble hops. And fermented cold for a crisp lager finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fredandboboflo (1570) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2009
Came out of a bottle, but not sure how it got into the bottle, surely somebody will clear that up soon. Aroma of big, sticky, floral, leafy hops, and rich, sweet pilsner malt, lemony. Flavor again big on all fronts, sticky hops, sweet, luxuriously bready malt, really hearty bread. The sweetness was a touch much in the finish for me for such a beer, but Im just splitting hairs a bit. Quite good.