overall
Brewed by Brouwerij De Troch
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Ternat-Wambeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 414   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chapeau Banana Lambic is a clear, golden beer with no head. It is made from water, malt, wheat, hops, yeast, sugar, flavor, and banana (20%).

saxo (19522) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - JUL 3, 2006
Bottle. Small white head with short duration. Color is pale yellow. Aroma is sweet banana. Taste is sweet and acidic with some apple and banana.

xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 5, 2006
Bottle of Elisa’s (as a joke, because everyone think’s it’s funny that I noted banana arom in some of my early ratings), at t’brugs beertje. Aroma of runts banana candy and a little lambic sourness. looks clear with a little champagne amber, bubbling center. flavor is sour acidic banana. cloying sweet candy palate plus acetic. to top it all off she had me buy one at beer mania too because the whole banana thing is so hilarious. Something about me it seems, attracts lasting banana jokes - my first guitar took the nickname banana which I couldn’t get rid of until I sold it...

TBone (18221) - Pori, FINLAND - APR 23, 2006
Bottled 25cl (BB 12/2007)
Golden apple color, not much head. Strong aroma of overaged bananas. Sugary sweetness with some soutrness and banana flavor. About what you could think this is (banana flavoured sugary drink).

1.3
smcd (366) - USA - MAR 8, 2006
What was I thinking? I have been convinced that De Troch does offer some fine products -- some even come under the Chapeau label ... but this wasn’t one. Over-ripe bananas. That’s all folks.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2006 I am not a huge fan of this style, but this is even bad for a lambic. Pours golden with a tiny white head, aroma of atrificial bananas, and sugar. Although it is smooth, it is way to sweet and unenjoyable, nothing good here.

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - FEB 15, 2006
I don’t know how to rate this one. I mean, it looks fine, golden body with continuous tiny bubbling and a weak head. But it smells and tastes like a banana Popcycle. There’s a hint of the sour in the finish, but this is basically a melted banana Popcycle.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Beverage Depot, Naperville, IL<font size=-1>

bmxutos (161) - Lisboa, PORTUGAL - FEB 11, 2006
Bottle, 25cl. Hmmm. Tasty this one. Probably not a beer but a soft drink. Nevertheless, very enjoyable and funny. This Chapeau is an unclear yellow with a small white head. Aroma of banana with a little sweetness and a few lambic notes. Banana flavour is always present but not overpowering. Must be very fresh, otherwise it will be too much sweet.

0.9
Bart (2936) - Brussels, BELGIUM - DEC 21, 2005
Pale golden colour, small white head, aroma of banana, some herbs, not really convincing, taste is just awfull, never had such a bad lambic-fruit beer, i am very surprised by some other ratings here, i just had to wash it away.

smoosh (536) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2005
Bottle - a very strong initial banana nose, which fades to a slightly sour/tart aroma. Looks like an American Standard. Very pale and very clear. A white head that fades quickly. I really like the flavor! Another rater said it was sweet and like banana Sprite. This is about right, but I think I mean it more as a complement than he does. A touch fizzy and light-bodied. I realize I probably shouldn’t like this one ... but I do!

mephisto (1294) - TAIWAN - NOV 1, 2005
yum, like soda. not much aroma or flavor to talk about. sweet and spritey.