RATINGS: 30   MEAN: 3.38/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
In the mid 1800’s the Viennese had something new to brew as lighter styles of beer were popping up all over Europe. They created what is now know as Vienna malt, the amber malt was stewed after the barley was sprouted, this converted some of the malt starches into sugars, which were then caramelized by a gentle roasting. Our Vienna Lager is brewed with half Vienna malts creating a delicate malt aroma with a slightly caramelized and toasted malt character. Light Bronze in color with a slight bitterness, this beer finishes clean and crisp! Original Gravity 12.5 Plato. ABV 5%. IBU’s 25

Crit (4105) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 29, 2017
Deep amber, fast fading head. Medium bodied, light earthy malt profile. Not much here

luttonm (6979) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 24, 2017
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2018 Chuckanut, Bellingham. Tall cream, light aroma. Pale dark gold, clear. Darker, bready caramel. Pale bitter. Banana and rye bread. Tasty. Re-rate 1/18: notes are the same but this deserves a bump

Capa (3629) - DC, Washington DC, USA - DEC 23, 2016
A deeper golden with a nice head. Slightly chewy body. Full of toasted and slightly fruity with a good light spicy hop bite. Clean and crisp throughout. I could live on this.

bvc (1244) - Washington, USA - MAR 13, 2016
Draft...many times, not sure why I haven’t rated it. I guess this is the case for most beers that I drink on the Reg. Why is that? Who knows...maybe had something to do with why I’ve never rated a beer a 5. Honestly, a Chuckanut beer should be one of my highest rated beers since I love to crush these fine, well crafted lagers that I’m lucky enough to live close to that I get them fresh. Clean clear light straw golden with proper head showing. Grassy, slightly corny sweet notes melded together with light biscuit malt. Clean light body with prickly carbonation and just enough body throughout. Lightly hits the grassy Nobel hops, the toasted malt and slight corn sweetness all the way through.

mcberko (19871) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 6, 2015
On tap at Chuckanut, pours a war golden bronze with a medium beige head. Aroma brings out toasted nuts, bready malt, and a touch of overripe fruits. Flavour is along the same lines, with dry bready caramel malts, a touch of banana and some overripe fruits. Very malt-forward. Solidly made for the style.

SardiniaMan (42) - British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 28, 2014
Nice crystal clear copper color. Noble hops in such a refined and nicely balanced. Very mouthful of malt that lingers for minutes. Like most of their clean, filtered lagers.

KansaiBeerLvrs (5511) - Kyoto, JAPAN - MAY 3, 2014
On tap at the Dig Bar American craft event. My hat’s off to you Catfish! A great looking ruddy amber pour with a malty caramel aroma. Med-full bodied with a slightly rough mouthfeel. The taste is caramel malts, cinnamon & biscuit. Pretty good, I just wish the mouthfeel was smoother/softer.

Ferris (17117) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 9, 2014
Draft - Sweet grains on the nose. Clear copper with a rich beige head. Tastes of grains and a out of balanced sweetness for my taste. Clean finish. Not my style.