overall
Brewed by Church-Key Brewing
Style: Specialty Grain
Campbellford, Canada
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 3.38/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%

mds (2250) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 26, 2007
Draught. Orange-amber body with a small white head. The aroma has plenty of rye notes along with some kind of sourish qualities, apples, and apricot. The flavour is quite sweet and smooth with some almost vinous characteristics. Raisiny fruit and cookie sweetness are apparent and alcohol becomes noticeable though doesn’t detract from anything.
Sampled at the C’est What Spring Festival Of Craft Brewers on May 25, 2007.

HogTownHarry (6942) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - JUN 1, 2007
Draught. At Volo. Poured slightly hazy amber with an average off-white draught head. Slightly sweet aroma, with cereal and herbal notes. The first taste that hit me was fennel - so much I wondered if the fennel bread I had with my cheese and carne appetizers was influencing my palate, but no, there’s fennel or carroway, or anise or something in there, a fair bit of it - as well as fresh toasty cereal malt and some light sweet herbal hops and mild fruity yeast. The body is middle of the road, with a little herbal and alcohol bitterness balancing out the sweet malt nicely - I’d like more rye and slightly less sweetness, but those are quibbles - I’d have this again.

DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 28, 2007
C’est What Craft Beer Fest. Malty nose,amber, tiny off-white head. Full malt flavour, alcoholic notes. Medium bodied,sweet,strong for a 7.5%. good.

Radek Kliber (7368) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - MAY 16, 2007
Tap at Beer Bistro
Clear ale with golden sparkle, light brown medium sized top with average density.
Aroma: mainly sweet and malty, grainy quiet plain but pleasant enough.
Soft textures yet marked with medicinal accents. Plum, grapes perhaps touch of vanilla. Sweet malts again. We all know how hard is to brew decent rye beer and its difficulties were shown here. I think few more tweaks and we could have decent rye on set. For now only 8/20.