Cigar City 110K+OT Batch #5

Formerly brewed at Cigar City Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Tampa, Florida USA

RATINGS: 110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Ale brewed with Curacao peel.

Sometimes a lot isn’t nearly enough. For the times when a lot plus a bit more is called for we proffer the 110K+OT series. This 5th iteration is a 25 OF, 5 FG, 11% abv, 5 SRm sort of brew. If you don’t know what all that jargon means the gist of this is; it’s more than you deserve. A lot more. And a little more than that too

dimenhetfield (2486) - , Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2012
750ml bottle poured into glass. Split with my brother for the US Open. I was hoping this batch would be much better then batch 3 and 4, which were good but had some flaws. This was pretty malty all around. Perhaps just too sweet for my liking. Hops are great but the malt makes this beer it’s bitch.

phaleslu (10267) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2012
750 ml bottle shared by Keir- thanks again, Keir! Pours a cloudy amber with a small off-white head. Aroma of caramel malts, citrus fruits, and a lot of leafy, resinous hops. Flavor of tropical and citrus fruits, caramel, tea, resinous hops, and sweet syrup. Medium-bodied, with a mouthfeel that starts juicy and finishes sweet and syrupy. Moderate carbonation. $110K+OT is like $1K to me.

blutt59 (6564) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2012
bottled, thanks to ericandersnavy, orange in color , wow I liked this alot more than most, does that make me a homer, nice sweaty funk aroma with sweet malty oranges for flavor

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUN 13, 2012
Thanks to Dixonian for sharing this bottle. This is the first of the 110K+OT beers that I have tried and I am looking forward to it. The beer pours an orange color with a white head. The aroma is incredibly sweet with a ton of sugar and toffee and a hint of fruit. Definitely not what I expected from a DIPA. The aroma is unfortunately more of the same. I get a lot of sweet orange and toffee notes, with some sugar thrown in. The beer tastes about like orange marmalade or jelly, with not real bitterness or other notes that resemble a DIPA. This beer is simply a sugary, sweet mess that doesn’t work at all. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. I don’t understand the higher ratings because this is a mess that is just simply not drinkable.

thirdeye11 (6160) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 13, 2012
(750ml bottle thanks to Ericandersnavy) clearish amber, soapy tan bubbles. Nose of funky hops, agave, taste is nasty. Very sweet, funky, toasty, gross, unfermented sweet sugars. Don’t like it. Syrupy.

DialSquare (5030) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 8, 2012
750ml bottle from Liquor Loft. Copper-orange pour with finger of sturdy off-white and spotty stick. Big aroma of apricot, honey and other tropical fruits I can’t quite put my finger on. Taste is sweet citrusy, earthy hops, caramel, grapefruit, honey and cereal. Hmm... didn’t realize this was a DIPA until I started rating. Says something about it -- comes off as part boozy american strong ale mixed with an ipa. Kinda works for me. A DIPA sipa. Did I say it was boozy?

jcartamdg (3436) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 7, 2012
Pours a golden copper with no head or lacing. Aroma of hops and Malta in large quantities... Already thinking this is going to be too much. Taste follows, the closet thing I can compare it to is hoppy cough syrup. Too sweet, too malty and the bitterness does not balance this out. Not my type of beer, couldn't finish the glass. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

drowland (8730) - Georgia, USA - JUN 6, 2012
6/6/12. 750mL bottle. Really hazy orange pour with a nice khaki head. Loaded aroma with tons of hops, bits of orange sweetness, plenty of malt, and a definite alcohol kick. Very sweet malty flavor with plenty of citrus and orange. Lingering dank hops and a sense of alcohol again. Eh.

rbrazell (1698) - Florida, USA - JUN 5, 2012
Pours a unclear amber with some loose white bubbles for a head. Aroma is tons of citrus, white peach, light touches of spice, with some sweet malt of the background. Flavor is sweetness up front, fruity orange and hops through the middle fading to a resiny bitter finish. Noticeable alcohol.

cooplander (543) - Florida, USA - JUN 5, 2012
amber color, aroma of citrus tropical fruits, caramel, toffee, flavors of sweet tropical fruits, citrus hops, pine, caramel, toffee, honey, bitter but not much with such a strong malt backbone, some where between a DIPA and a barlywine, great brew