overall

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 53   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
BEER DESCRIPTION
Sweet, roasty and always invigorating, traditional Latin American cafe con leche coffee can be found nearly everywhere in our hometown of Tampa, Florida and serves as the inspiration for our Cafe Con Leche Sweet Stout. The beer is made with bold, strong coffee beans to emulate the most characterful Cuban espresso and lactose, a milk sugar that adds sweetness, body and flavors reminscent of scalded milk. Despite it's assertive flavors and full body, our sweet stout is deceptively low in alcohol, making it the perfect accompaniment to a late-morning plate of eggs, bacon and tostatas.

TASTING NOTES
Malted milk, chocolate and fresh-ground coffee aromas bring to mind the finest cup of caf? con leche coffee while flavors of toffee, semi-sweet chocolate and a touch of roast on the palate are complimented by espresso and a touch of vanilla

scottyshades (130) - Parkland, Florida, Florida, USA - JAN 25, 2013
On tap at BX Beer Depot’s CCB Tap Takeover One of my favorite beers of all time. Lactose, freshly ground coffee, bittersweet chocolate, and solid roasty notes to it. Surprisingly balanced between sweet and bitter. Very robust and complex, makes for a great digestif

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - JAN 5, 2013
Wow. So glad I found this. On draft at The Top in Gainesville. Deep dark brown/black with a small dark brown head. Smells like a morning espresso with hints of bittersweet roasted chocolate. Wow. Smooth as can be. Almost like drinking chocolate milk. Actually less coffe than expected from the smell. Some nuttiness that is almost like hazelnut. Very sweet and very rich, with a bitter coffee finish. Bitter chocolate lingers for a good while. Thick viscous mouthfeel, as expected. Get this if you can! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

daknole (11048) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - FEB 2, 2013
Growler. Black pour, brown head. Loads of coffee, creamy flavored, lactose. Reminds me of a Cuban coffee. Awesome!

MeadMe (1694) - Fishhawk, Florida, USA - MAR 29, 2009
A: Pours a very evil black hue. The head rises to sky scraper heights and is a very dark brown in color. The beer clings to the glass nicely and the head has excellent retention. Spotty lace is noted. S: Quite possibly the boldest coffee stout I have ever smelled. To say the aroma is of fresh roasted espresso beans would be an understatement. Bold espresso with roasted malt. Light chocolate notes. T: I love me some coffee beer and this one is coffee on crack. The espresso flavor is huge right from the start. Has the same jolt as when you eat chocolate covered coffee beans. To be honest this beer really reminds me of just that. Bold espresso with hints of chocolate. A hint of sweet, dry lactose sugar peeks thru in the end. M: Fuller in body than most coffee stouts with a nice dry bitter finish. D: Very, I love me some coffee stout and this is one of the best of the bunch. Can’t wait for it’s release.

jcartamdg (3539) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2012
Had out of the fermenter right before they kegged it, thanks Bob! Pours a thick jet black with a dark mocha head. Aroma of rich coffee, lactose and chocolate. Taste is coffee, cream and chocolate, very rich but that doesn’t stop me from wanting more. Man, is this an amazing coffee stout.

kempshark (6) - Florida, USA - DEC 29, 2012 does not count
Great roasted flavor....nice coffee smell.....I thought it was like a milder Wake N Bake...a little sweeter.....perfect for me, but then again, cafe con leche is my favorite coffee drink other than Vietnamese iced coffee

Flea (7) - Connecticut, USA - APR 1, 2014 does not count
Tap at the brewery. Finally he to try this! Thick black pour with a creamy thick head. First had it on Cask, then on another night on tap. Great Stout!

HonusWagner (2250) - Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2015
Nitro Brass Tap Gainesville. Yeah, it’s really, really good. The coffee comes through despite the nitro and is in fact a bit too acidic. That would be my one hangup. But a damn good coffee stout.