overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 227   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Dos Costas Oeste is the result of a collaborative brewing effort between Cigar City Brewing of Florida’s Gulf (West) Coast and The Bruery of Placentia, CA. Like the breweries involved with its creation this ale cheerfully meanders off the beaten path. Join us in celebrating this West Coast to West Coast collaboration. Aged on Spanish Cedar Spirals

Chipalsa (1310) - Florida, USA - FEB 20, 2012
One more from Cigar City :-). The scent was an amazing mix of wood, yeast, citrus and herbs. The taste reminded me of a saison, but had more earthy and honey flavors in the mix. Finished dry and fruity with a hint of vanilla and warm alcohol. Truly unique, but as good as I’d expect from Cigar City.

OmegaX (1374) - Florida, USA - FEB 19, 2012
Bottle share with Chipalsa. Pour is a clear amber color with small bubbles and a white head. The aroma is pretty interesting. Bits of black pepper, lots of cedar, some lemon and orange peel, a bit of yeast, and a touch of alcohol make this one up. Taste wise, this is heavy on the cedar. Up front there is a good amount of citrus (lemon peel and orange zest), slight caramel, a bit of yeast and even some yeast in the front. Smooth and light with a dry finish. This type of beer isn’t my usual style but was enjoyable and drinkable at the 9% abv. Cheers!

changeup45 (1731) - Lake Mary, Florida, USA - FEB 18, 2012
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2012 Bottle picked up at Cigar City. Orange-gold color with a short-lived white head on top. Cedar and sawdust aroma with notes of doughy yeast and tropical fruit cocktail. This is spicy and bitter with a lot of white pepper and fresh-cut cedar flavor. A bit medicinal too with a tangy orange cough drop flavor that is a tad distracting. A tropical fruit sweetness is noted for sure but ends up getting covered by the more aggressive cedar and peppery notes. I admit, I wasn’t much of a fan at first but this did grow on me. Much better as it warms when the sharp cedar really stands out and that medicinal orange thing takes a backseat. Looking forward to trying the other versions.

smith4498 (3646) - Winter Springs, Florida, USA - FEB 18, 2012
Pours cloudy dark golden color with white head. Overbearing cedar aroma. I can smell it from three feet away. Flavor is pure cedar, like chewing on a piece of wood. Medium body with lively carbonation and a resinous mouthfeel. All I get is cedar aroma and flavor. Not very enjoyable for me. By far my least favorite of the three bottled versions.

S_Side_Smitty (775) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - FEB 17, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2012 Pours a golden amber with a small head. Aroma is smoke and freshly cut cedar. The coriander taste is prevalent along with the cedar up front and there is a black pepper-like bite in the finish that alludes to carbonation. Different and interesting.

blipp (9278) - La Mesa, California, USA - FEB 15, 2012
Draft. Pours golden orange with a white head. Big cedar woody aroma with lighter fruity and spicy notes. The wood in the flavor comes across a bit harsh, with some light spicy yeast and some fruity sweetness. Not bad.

rbrazell (1698) - Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2012
Pours a unclear dark gold with a bubbly white head that dissipates quick. Bursting aroma of fresh pine, cedar, spice and yeast. Sweet entry that subdues into light vanilla and wood then quickly into strong cedar wood spice, lemon rind and yeast. Finishes very spicy and dry with a quick note of alcohol.

j12601 (12000) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - FEB 7, 2012
Pouring at the Saturday afternoon session of EBF. Pours a hazed gold with a medium sized white head. Big cedar right away on the nose. A touch sweet, smooth and spicy. Light alcohol peeks through, a touch of spicy wood. Caramel, long warm cedar on the finish.

Streets (29) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 2, 2012
Had on tap at Blind Tiger with Jredmond and Brendan. Insane smell from the wood that lends to the amazing aroma. The taste is also amplified by the Cedar wood. This blows the other two Dos Costas I had out of the water.

jredmond (8285) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2012 I never knew I was a lover, until this beer stole the things I hide. Cause I focused while we danced, because I offered it a ride.