overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 223   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Dos Costas Oeste is the result of a collaborative brewing effort between Cigar City Brewing of Florida’s Gulf (West) Coast and The Bruery of Placentia, CA. Like the breweries involved with its creation this ale cheerfully meanders off the beaten path. Join us in celebrating this West Coast to West Coast collaboration. Aged on Spanish Cedar Spirals

Streets (29) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 2, 2012
Had on tap at Blind Tiger with Jredmond and Brendan. Insane smell from the wood that lends to the amazing aroma. The taste is also amplified by the Cedar wood. This blows the other two Dos Costas I had out of the water.

DocLock (11191) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2012
Bomber from Railroad Street Tavern. Pours turbid vivid gold with 3-finger well-retained creamy head. Nose is that awesome fresh ground black pepper right out of the mill, piney hops, cedar, mango, and florals. Nose reminds me a great deal of Humidor Cedar Jai Alai. Tastes very fruity, somewhat sweet, with orange marmalade and mango flavors, intense cedary black pepper, hops, and some finishing florals. Flavor is complex, with a lot of fruit, tons of cedary peppery notes, and a juicy deliciousness that makes you want to drink it with a funnel.

DeputyAndy (636) - Ambler, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 19, 2012
Bottle with James, Andrew, and Maggi. Pours a hazy amber with little to no head. Amazing nose. Cigar smells with fresh lemons and other citrus fruits. Flavor is peppery with deep wood flavors mixing with some light citrus. Amazing.

andyhwcinc (1886) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 6, 2012
Purchased at Habersham Beverage Depot in Savannah, GA; enjoyed in my hotel room on the tail end of my vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. I’ve been waiting a while to try a brew from this brewery, and this was the only one available at this store. Appearance is a cloudy peachy gold with a rich, foamy white head. Aroma is flat out intense, complex, and delicate. The biggest orange peel notes of any beer I’ve had, potent like I just walked into a grocery store, mixed with cedar chips, Lemon notes which enhance the citrus, and a lively spiciness. Taste is equally potent with huge orange/lemon citrus notes, pronounced yeast presence, mixed with a complex fruity concoction on a bed of wood/cedar. It’s complex and easy drinking, very smooth. Awesome, awesome stuff, hope to make it to this brewery at some point in the coming years.

jredmond (8839) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2012 I never knew I was a lover, until this beer stole the things I hide. Cause I focused while we danced, because I offered it a ride.

hivemind (933) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2012
On tap at Blind Tiger for CCB event. Pours golden with pretty big white head and leaves a thick but quickly-fading lacing on the glass (snifter). Aroma is sweet and funky yeast with some wood coming through already. Tastes of lemon/citrus, some vegetable, and a little hop. Definite wood in there as well, which comes through later than the other flavors. I wouldn’t have guessed cedar without knowing the name of the beer, but this is (at least) the second cedar-aged beer I’ve tried and they seem to let a lot more of the wood come through compared to other types of wood barrel-aged beers. Stands out because it’s a little funky, a little zesty, and moderately tart, almost to the point of sour but stopping just short. Something I could definitely drink an entire bottle of.