overall
RATINGS: 376   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
This high-gravity gob of gourd-y goodness incorporates pumpkin in the mashing process and then gets wicked with the spices including Ceylon cinnamon, Jamaican all spice, Zanzibar cloves and nutmeg.

Guest82012 (3) - Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA - SEP 16, 2011 does not count
I had heard good things about this one, and I was not disappointed! Best Pumpkin beer I have had. Good flavor, yet well balanced. Very smooth.

ekleintop (8) - - SEP 19, 2012 does not count
By far the best pumpkin ale I have tasted. Nose is incredible. Well balanced. Cherry on the nose and palate. Finish lingers on pleasantly. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

SPDickerman (1239) - Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2012
Pours clear orange with a small light tan head. Smells extremely of pumpkin. Taste is primarily pumpkin with a touch of cinnamon. Medium-bodied with a slick texture and soft mouth-carbonation, Cigar City Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale finishes with a bold pumpkin flavor.

mverity (294) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2013
This fall I had my first Good Gourd as my first beer for a tailgate; after most of the pumpkin hype season had died down. I poured it into a red wine glass (my best option) and immediately noticed that I liked the color and aroma much more than certain other pumpkin ales. My first sip, I was hooked. I bought up several more, two for this winter, and a few to age for next year. I picked the first one up for $13, and the next few for $14; and they were certainly worth the price IMHO.

jimmythefalcon (26) - Florida, USA - JUN 10, 2014
I love pumpkin pie and I adore pumpkin beer, and this might be the best one. The thick pour and rich aroma caught me right away. The pumpkin really sticks with you throughout and it’s smoothness can’t be exaggerated.

MeadMe (1664) - Fishhawk, Florida, USA - MAR 29, 2009
A: Pours a nice clear brillant punkin’ orange hue with a nice tall creamy head. The retention is very good with spotty lace noted. S: In the aroma department this one is hard to beat, it is neck and neck with Southern Tier Pumpking here. Huge real pumpkin aromas with a wonderful mix of spices. There is a real buttery crust element in here as well that I have never picked up in another beer. Even after the beer was gone from the glass the aroma still wafted from the empty glass. This one smells better than those $20 candles the wife brings home. T: The flavors are wonderful as well. Real pumpkin, a perfect mix of pie spices, and oooh that gooey butter I detected. The pumpkin stands out without the spice overpowering. This one is a perfect mix between the pumpkin beers of DogFish Head and Southern Tier. I will quickly become a favorite of the pumpkin beer lovers. M: Medium in body, smooth and creamy. D: I tasted this one when it was first finished and the booze could really be detected. Since it has aged a bit, the alcohol flavors have died and the pumpkin, spice, and buttery goodness have come together to create one wonderful brew.

mmather (186) - Colorado, USA - OCT 31, 2012
From a 750ml bottle. An awesome combination of pumpkin, spices and beer that belies its 8+% abv. Very smooth pumpkin ale that you can taste all portions of a pumpkin pie from the spices to the pumpkin itself. A classic.

kchampagne (173) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - AUG 21, 2013
Pours a deep amber color with a fluffy head. Aroma is like fall in a glass! Lots of cloves, cinnamon, malty sweetness. The taste is full of spice. Obviously since the pumpkin is not a strong flavored vegetable it does not impart a whole lot of flavor and is easily masked by the spices, but I didn’t mind. It’s a great pumpkin ale and easily one the best out there.

jjgmd (2179) - Coral Springs, Florida, USA - NOV 24, 2011
Beautiful orange appearance, a beautiful spicy aroma...extremely well balanced such this is neither subtle or overbearing. Just blended wonderfully...like a Bordeaux from France, the spices are mixed perfectly.Again CCB comes up with another winner !,,

UglyBrew (1) - Winterville, Georgia, USA - AUG 27, 2012 does not count
Bottle. Delish. I am a bit of a Cigar City prick, but this seasonal is phenomenal. Sweet, so it is not for everyone, but this brew is a perfect pumpkin. Southern Tier Pumpkin has a similar pallet, but this takes the cake....or should I say pie. Get it where you can and enjoy it where you will.