Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale - Caramel Mate

overall
Formerly brewed at Cigar City Brewing
Style: Brown Ale
Tampa, Florida USA

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 3.81/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

Ibrew2or3 (8660) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - FEB 20, 2011
Poured up on tap at the Cigar City Tasting room with mahogany body and garnet like hues and holding up a tan head. The aroma is sweet malts, sweet nuttiness and caramel and then it begins to emit a thin layer of burnt malts and a sense of vanilla. The taste hits first with caramel followed by sweet malts and a firm sweet nuttiness. Around midway I get a bit of drying malt roastiness then a sense of slightly burnt malts as well as chocolate malts. This beer has big flavor and maintains a sessionable heft.

Shaftie (218) - , Maryland, USA - FEB 19, 2011
This one was hidden but rumor had it it was on tap. I casually slipped the barkeep a hundo and he brought me into "THE ROOM" and promised to cut me if spread the word. Was getting kind of drunk by this time but my foggy impression was "Meh." I prefer bigger beers. The ladies will love this one, give it a go.

steelcitybrew (454) - Orlando, Florida, USA - FEB 19, 2011
Pours a reddish brown with a small white head. Aroma is light vanilla, caramel and roasted malts. Taste is more cocoa and vanilla, raisins. Palate is medium mouthfeel with a bit of stickyness. Not my favorite cigar city brew

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 23, 2010
Nice brown pour. Aroma is insane. Tea, coffee, tons of sticky caramel, coconut and more. Flavor, wow...just wow. A ridiculous mix of mate, caramel, cocoa, coconut and a perfectly light bitter finish. What a flavor. Incredible!

mlunger12 (645) - Orlando, Florida, USA - NOV 18, 2010
Second to rate again... I hate you Danny :). There really is nothing I can say about this other than it is delicious and amazing and I wish I could bath in it. It is very sweet to the mouth, caramel and maybe a bit nutty. The taste just keeps going and going. An absolute dream.

drowland (8827) - Georgia, USA - NOV 18, 2010
11/18/10. First to rate! On tap. Cloudy brown pour with a small khaki head. AMAZING spiced caramel aroma with hints of chocolate. Sweet fresh caramel flavor with a bitter herbal aspect on top of light chocolate and coffee. This. Is. Amazing.