overall

RATINGS: 225   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Brown ale aged on raisins, vanilla beans and cinnamon.

PhillyCraft (7707) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 28, 2012
On tap at Rattle N Hum, I have been waiting to try this beer for a good year now. Purple Brownish pour that leaves an awesome off white thick head. Aromas of oat, caramel, cinnamon, raisin, chocolate. Taste is on par with the aroma with dominant flavors of cinnamon, oatmeal, milk chocolate, vanilla , and traditional brown ale flavors. Mouthfeel is very soft and refreshing. Medium Carbonation that works incredibly well with this brew. Amazingly unique brown ale from one of my favorite brewers.

TJay7481 (80) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - MAY 31, 2011
Dark brown with a medium head. Smells of raisin, caramel, malt and vanilla. A nice beer taste upfront with light hops that glides into a sweet vanilla at the end. It is like drinking two different drinks. This is a very enjoyable beer.

scampycampy (39) - Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA - MAR 18, 2014
I’m not big on bakery flavor based beers overall. This beer blows this preconception for me out of the water. Love the sweet, aromatic thick headed beer that does in fact taste like an oatmeal raisin cookie. They did not overdo the flavor; thank goodness. This is one of those beers that is tasty to the beer connoisseur and the not that much into beer significant other you might have dragged out with you.

MetalNHopHead (2123) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - AUG 30, 2015
The name says it all. Dessert beers designed to taste like one particular dessert are almost always set up to fail. Cigar City has crafted one of the exceptions. Holy hell. I don’t even like oatmeal raisin cookies all that much and I could drink this stuff by the gallon. I’m convinced everything Cigar City touches turns out delicious.

gkost (1069) - Alaska, USA - OCT 3, 2009
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2011 On tap at the Brass Tap. Pours a opaque brown. Nose is an Oatmeal cookie! Cinnamon, raisin, plum, roasted grains, toasty malt, oatmeal. Flavor is even more cookie-ish. Perfect balance of cinnamon and spices with sweet raisins and oats. This is one of my favorite treatments of Maduro. Made me want to start a fire, sit back with an actually oatmeal cookie and enjoy the chilly Florida 70 degree winter nights. I loved this!

unclemattie (4357) - Georgia, USA - JAN 16, 2010
32oz Growler. Dark brown color. Aroma of sugar, raisin, dough. Flavor of an F’n Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookie!!! FUCK! This is the most unique and clever beer I’ve ever had. And I could completely drink this all day every day...

OmegaX (1375) - Florida, USA - JUL 2, 2011
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2011 Insane. I didn’t think they could pull this one off so well. The aromas I got from this beer were full of molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon, chocolate, lots of raisin, and a solid malty sweetness. Intoxicating through the scent alone. The body was nice and dark with a light brown head and some thin lacing. The flavor was hypnotic and pleasing with loads of brown sugar, molasses, raisin, and chocolate flavor. Best brown ale I’ve ever had and close to one of the best beers I’ve ever had - period! Great stuff and can’t wait to get more.

HuskerTan (2335) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - AUG 24, 2015
Draft/Fest. A- Cookies, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla. A- Brown color, dark liquid, off white head. T- Oatmeal raisin cookies, spices. P- Medium body, average texture, average carbonation, complex finish. O- This was nothing but oatmeal raisin cookies in liquid form and that is a great thing. And the fact that it’s a brown ale and not an imperial stout makes me appreciate it that much more. So good.

sjolles85 (104) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JAN 23, 2010
Oh my god...this is the greatest stuff ever made. Buddy of mine told me to try some in a blind tasting...Instantly knew what is was, I’d take this over gma’s oatmeal raisin cookies any day.