overall

RATINGS: 141   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
IMPERIAL STOUT WITH COFFEE, CACAO NIBS AND VANILLA

burg326 (5607) - Florida, USA - JUN 11, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2014 Almost a 1 year old growler from the Order of the Red Banner event that Blazer06 graciously shared at Markwise’s Bday bash, I am in debt to him for sharing this treat. Poured a dark brown with light carbonation, aromas of roast, coffee, vanilla, espresso, and chocolate. Light booze in the flavor with some vanilla that is mixed perfectly with the coffee, and roasted malt. Light carbonation, and it stained the glass so bad, it took me 2 times to rinse it out, and even the water was great. Thanks Zach for the share. Edit: I’ve now had this beer on multiple occasions I first rated it a 4.7 however each time I have it to me it gets better and better. I had to edit this to a 5 because I would hunt this down at no costs. This truly is the best beer I’ve ever had and should be rated as my holy grail of beers.

Cybercat (6142) - Georgia, USA - MAY 25, 2017
Something to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first "Star Wars" movie hitting the theatres. (Remember when it was called simply "Star Wars"?) Pours coffee sable with a thick chocolate head that leaves good lacing. Dang, this takes the Appearance level all the way to 11! Aroma offers roast malt, coffee, vanilla, smoky, and subtle earthy tones. Flavor bursts with coffee, chocolate, roast malt, smoky, earthy, vanilla and even slight nutty tones. A stout worthy of a Marshal! It is sweet but not cloying. Viscous mouthfeel presents peppy fizz. I did a little boning up on Zhukov, and apparently he was one helluva general - we needed him to kick Hitler’s ass. Thanks, Georgy. And thanks, Cigar City, for a superb Imperial Stout.