Cigar City Pilot Series Miami Madness

Formerly brewed at Cigar City Brewing
Style: Berliner Weisse
Tampa, Florida USA
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 4.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.32/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Berliner Weisse brewed with guava, passionfruit and mango by Johnathan Wakefield.

Editor’s Note: This is an archived entry for the original small batch Miami Madness made by J. Wakefield at Cigar City. If you did not have this on tap at Cigar City Hunahpu Day 2012, then your rating will be removed. For the current Miami Madness listing, see J. Wakefield Brewing’s page.

daknole (11048) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Oh my god. I could drink this by the gallon. Pours a cloudy dark yellowish color, white head. Aroma is just loaded with tart and tropical fruits. I get lots of guava up front finishing with passionfruit and mango. Flavor is so juicy, enticingly sour, but so drinkable. So perfectly balanced. WOW. You did it again my friend. BRAVO!

dimenhetfield (2554) - , Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2012
On draft at Cigar City Huna Day 2012. OK I thought that Cookies & Milk was the best beer of the day until I tried this. Absolutely incredible! If I could get this on a regular basis I would stock up, big time. Everything is just spot on, the sour funk, aroma, flavor, everything.

Gnat628 (10) - Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2012
Holy crap somebody get a tap line of this and hook it up at my house. Pours a orangish yellow. BOOM this think has so much tropical fruit in the nose it is ridiculous, guava, bananas, citrus, passionfruit, mangoes. Like a dang tropical fruit market in a glass, and that is just how it tastes. The carbonation is spot on and the body is medium but well balanced against everything else. Super winner here.

urwithdave (10) - Florida, USA - JUL 19, 2012
Lucky enough to have had this on a few different occasions now. This and PFDF were my favorite beers at hunahpu this year. At the Berliner Bash at Peg’s it was again amongst the best brews on tap. Just when I didn’t think this beer could get any better, I went to the Wakefield/Lokal beer dinner. Best batch to date for me. You always see those lame posts, if you had to choose one beer to drink for the rest of your life, what would it be? Well, I’d have to pick Miami Madness. The aroma just blows me away. Tons of tropical goodness. Sour, but balanced enough to where I could funnel it for the rest of eternity.