overall

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 4.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This "witch’s brew" has been aged for several months in Apple Brandy barrels before being moved on top of.....GHOST CHILI PEPPERS!

MrSquash (158) - Florida, USA - OCT 29, 2016
Aroma has chocolate and sticky sweet toffee up front with a mild boozy barrel quality. The flavor starts out with rich chocolate and brandy. After about 5 seconds the sweetness fades and the ghost pepper goes full throttle! A moderate burn that persists but isn’t too much. Aftertaste is very mild chocolate and vanilla. Definitely a sipper!

TheAlum (7164) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAR 27, 2016
Draft pour at Hunahpu’s Day 2016 (Tampa, FL). Pours a deeper dark blackish opaque hue. Darker and deep colors show a bit of midnight glow on the edges and bottom. A sizable cakey dark brown head on sits atop, stays as a decent layer and lacing. Aromas hide that capsaicin based heat pretty well, a bit earthy, a mellow flare of the nostrils with spice, roast and toast coming in. That subtle vanilla, fudgey appeal won’t save me. Initial is a bit like a delayed double take. Stouty roast, toast and caramel are there, subtle cinnamon and a jab of fudge. Suddenly, all that changes. Big ghost pepper appeal, hot and brooding, it will not give up. Spicy, hot, and more for the gluttons for punishment. The heat sustains firm, making it hard to discern what you are actually tasting in the finish as you keep going. While this certainly is an interesting beer and an accomplishment, how much one can drink should not be measured in whole glasses. If you ever get a chance to try this, I’d recommend it. But go the Danish route. Because I feel like I’m a pretty spice driven guy. A fan of pepper beers. And I could not finish my 4-5 oz pour. A dandy of a liquid.

knickskicks (1168) - - NOV 1, 2014
Typical Huna pour and mouthfeel. No nose until it warms up. Double Barrel Huna nose with a touch more sweetness and spice. Taste is DB Huna with a crazy sweet/spicy kick. The heat lingers for days.

DialSquare (5133) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 30, 2014
Draft sampled at Hunahpu 2014: smelled mostly like hunahpu with little bit of pepper. tastes pretty normal pepper w/ chocolate boozy stout, but then it gets pretty hot. hard to rate - very interesting, but can’t place it above more enjoyable experiences (like something I’d actually want multiple of). - 7.4

daknole (11402) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Well I will be damned, this shit is badass. Man oh man. Looks like a normal huna pour. Aroma hits and you get a nice pepper note along with the normal decadent huna aroma. Flavor? Everything is there and then the perfect note of heat from the peppers. Man this is another wow. Hunahpus is just amazing. Thanks CCB.

dchmela (3084) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2014
Thanks to J for the taste. Thick black pour with rocky dark tan head. Aroma is all Hunahpu, chocolate, roasted grain, touches of barrel and hints of pepper. Taste is thick, big bodied with chocolate, roasted grain and hot spicy pepper. Pepper is hot, but well balanced. Bravo!

Beardaxe (294) - - AUG 4, 2013
Holy shit. Super spicy. It burns. A lot. But you keep coming back. Honestly, it's a bit hard to get to the Hunaphu. The peppers are at the front and the star. Still, quite drinkable at 11%. Unique and successful. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DaTimBennett (111) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 13, 2013
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2013 Tap. This beer is very Prominent. Smell alot of chocolate, chili, pepper and coffee. Pours motor oil black with very little head. Taste pepper right away. The heat is throughout the beer and it lingers. If there was such a thing of human dragons... this beer will turn you into one (its hot). The chocolate helps and you can tell its a Hunahpu. I suggest drinking just what CCB give you and that is 4oz portions. It would also make a really nice reduction.

jhgrantjr (478) - Tennessee, USA - JUL 12, 2013
To be honest, I do not even know how to rate this beer. I have never had anything like it before. On tap at Cigar City in July 2013. Pours a thick black. The aroma was rich: chocolate, brandy, vanilla. I wish I could try the Hanahpu. But then I tasted it, and although there was a slight thick imperial sweetness, the pepper is strong. I would have said overpowering, but I have not had a beer like this. But the pepper/chili in this beer is the type that makes your eyes water and stomach hurt. So after getting that in my nose and on my palate, I could not taste anything else. My tongue and my lips tingled with that pepper taste for a while. To me, that makes the heat of the beer too much. As it warmed, it was pure heat. I would not call this balanced. Even at 3.5 I think I am higher than I would have rated another beer simply because its Cigar City. However, I will revise this as I try other beers of this variety. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jcartamdg (3535) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2012
Pours jet black with no head. Aroma of brandy, dark chocolate and oak. Taste is pretty amazing, brandy hunahpu all the way then peppers in the back. It's a blindside of heat in a really cool way. I like this a lot ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone