overall

RATINGS: 509   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
The Tocobaga lived off the bounty of Tampa Bay hundreds of years before the arrival of the Spanish in the 1500’s. They were potters, tool makers and the only Florida natives to grow maize. The large platform mounds they built are still with us today, with one of the largest found near Old Tampa Bay in Safety Harbor, Florida. Climb to the top, and with a little imagination, you can see Tampa Bay as they did. Graphic design by Eric Swanson. Recipe by Tim Ogden.

medallaisla (91) - PUERTO RICO - OCT 21, 2012
Sabe a fresas frescas, ciruelas, frambuesas. So many sweet fruits with a perfect malt balance to match the fruity hops. Otra cerveza perfecta de Cigar City!

Chadamus89 (4) - Florida, USA - JAN 26, 2013 does not count
This beer surprised me. I heard red ale or amber, and I thought bland. But it has such a strong fruity hop character, super strong in cascade hops, with no bitterness at all! This is the only perfect beer I've ever rated ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

fr5ed (62) - Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2012
So hoppy, I consider it an "Amber IPA". Intense citrus / pine aroma that translates well to the taste. One of my favorites.

BeerPhan (3) - Alabama, USA - JUL 16, 2012 does not count
Quite possibly the best red ale I have ever tasted. Smooth, flavorful, and a terrific after taste. As much as I like the Jai Alai, this is Cigar City’s best beer.

RLiddell (135) - Valrico, Florida, USA - AUG 19, 2012
From a 12 ounce bottle, pours a clear, copper color. Nose explodes with hints of caramel, grapefruit and pine. Taste is very balanced between the hops and malt backbone. Probably one of my favorite session beers.

badpuppy69 (321) - orange, California, USA - NOV 21, 2014
Pours a clear copper with decent head. Aroma is floral upfront with tangerines and and caramel malt. Taste follows the aroma with the caramel malt more upfront in the sip. Hoppy floral pine bitterness mid and back end of the sip. Awesome Brew!

BeerFanDan17 (1121) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - NOV 10, 2010
The best red ale I’ve ever had. Generously hopped, but still bursting with red ale tones of darker fruits and hints of malty goodness.

tron3000atl (72) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 22, 2012
Grapefruit and Citrusy aroma with a nice malty sweetness that finishes like a pine Tree. This is a great friggin red. A charismatic beer that is a beautiful and I surely like to snuggle up with next to a warm fire on a cold night or float in a pool with some little arm floated drinkin this on a hot Gulf Coast summer day. Versatile little badass beer.

capricho4 (17) - - JUL 24, 2012
12/25/10 growler. Poured a darker shade of ruby red. thick foamy head. clear. Great resin like hops to add dryness dense fruit flavors with toasty malt to settle it down. IMO very similar to SN celebration but fresher for me. I love balance and this is probably one of the best balanced beers I have had.

Hopnole (6) - - MAR 2, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2014 The beer pours a nice amber color, with nice off-white lacing. After tasting, it is immediately apparent that this beer is closer to an IPA than a red ale. Nonetheless, the flavor profile is excellent. Flavors of citrus and subtle pine-notes are offset nicely by the malty, sweeter profile of the red ale. This is one of the best beers I’ve tasted in this category.