overall

RATINGS: 552   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%

SuperDave (2555) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - JAN 16, 2011
Gold pour with a foamy white head. Aroma of malt, ripe fruit, wood and citrus hops. Flavor is similar, fruity with a nice hop bite. Interesting brew.

sherm1016 (1274) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 18, 2011
Bottle courtesy of Gunhaver. Thanks! Pours a crystal clear amber color with a thin white head. Aroma is a little hops and lots of oak. Medium on the palate with average carbonation. Flavor is hops up front with a nice oak aftertaste. Definately one of the better oak aged IPAs I have had.

Sparky (2244) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - FEB 6, 2011
Bottle from my Secret Santa. Pours cloudy amber with an off-white head. The nose is ripe citrus, mango, apricot, pepper and malt. The taste is grapefruit, orange, resin and wood in the finish. Medium bodied. Very good.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 5, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2011 In short: A fruity, dry, astringent and slightly spicy woody IPA. Pretty nice.
How: Fresh growler sent to me by Maltzilla, thanks a lot Diego
The look: Cloudy dark amber body topped by a beige ring of foam
In long: The original hoppy nose is hard to describe. It is somewhat herbal, perfume, some tropical fruits, some freshly cut birch. There’s something “different” about the nose but I don’t think I could have guessed somehow oak aged. Taste is grapefruity, lots of phenols, flower petals, tropical fruits, perfume, a bit of caramel. Ends with a spicy woody dryness. Quite astringent for an IPA but it works in this beer. Overall I though the beer was very good and also quite original which is something I rarely say about an IPA, a style that has been explored in almost every little corner. I will get more of this whenever I can. Note to self: Get more bottles of White Oak Jai Alai. Leaving notes to myself in a rating makes me feel like I’m just talking to myself. But apparently people who talk to themselves are actually highly intelligent people. Did I know that? Of course I knew that, what do I ask? Ok, just checking.

fletchfighters (1580) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 4, 2013
12 oz bottle Cloudy orange amber color. One finger white head. Thick lacing. Good looking in the glass. Huge oak nose with light backing of mango, peach and notes of spice and pepper. Good nose. Taste is of oak, white pepper, peach and mango. No bitterness but a lot of oak notes. Good taste. Not really an IPA could knock down several of in a night. A challenging beer but done quite well. Complex IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

umich03jm (3512) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2013
Bottle from trade with DrSilverworm. Pours a slightly cloudy dark orange-amber color with a nice 1 cm head that lingers a bit. I was confused by the aroma at first but then I read the description and realized I was smelling dill. Aromas are dill, vanilla, wood, red fruit, and citrus. Taste is a nice mix of the aromas but the dill does overpower a bit. Fairly strong hop bitterness. Fruitiness comes out more in the finish. Very unique and really enjoyable. Would be hard to drink more than one of these in a sitting.

kevinsenn (2289) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 10, 2013
Bottle. Pours orange and cloudy with suspended sediment. Tropical and citrus fruit aroma. Taste is suprisingly good! From the hops we get tropical and citrus fruits, and bitterness. From the oak we get: wood, vanilla, a little chocolate. The seemingly incompatible flavours compliment each other nicely, and make this a unique IPA experience. I enjoyed this quite a bit.

TaktikMTL (7981) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 16, 2013
2 bouteilles de 12 oz partagées lors d’une dégustation Ratebeer Montréal. Arôme: Légère odeur de fruits tropicaux et de vanille. Apparence: La couleur est ambrée voilée. Présence d’un moyen col mousseux et d’une fine dentelle sur le verre. Saveur: Goût d’ananas avec une pointe de mangue et de vanille. Durée moyenne de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps est moyen avec une texture légèrement onctueuse. Moyenne effervescence en bouche. Arrière goût légèrement houblonné (Rating #4787)

Scopey (15753) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 30, 2013
Bottle, many thanks to Greg. It pours hazy orange-amber with a medium beige head. The nose is pine, earth, resin, light peppery, white grape, blood orange and raisin. The taste is pine, earth, light toast, white grape, green apple, orange peel, earth, light dough and spice with a dry, bitter finish. Medium body and fine carbonation. Flavoursome and well-balanced. Who would have thought a barrel-aged ipa would taste so good?!

thebeertourist (5188) - Oslo, NORWAY - JUL 3, 2013
Bottle at Olympen. Cloudy orangey amber colour. Nice mix of oaky vanilla and citrussy hops. In the mouth vanilla takes over, but good refreshing hop bitterness lingers. Very good.