overall
Brewed by Cidrerie Duché de Longueville (CSR - CCLF)
Style: Cider
Anneville-sur-Scie, France

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
The Clos Normand range of ciders is made in the heart of the Normandy region from the choicest apples grown on trees. This cider owes its rich, full flavor to the quality of the fruit we use as well as to the care we take at each stage of the cider-making process. The result is a subtle alliance of sweet and sour taste, that is the trademark of Clos Normand.

DiarmaidBHK (4901) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 26, 2012
Bottle from leesburg vintner. Apple vinegar notes on the nose. Pours appleish. Dry without being sour or bitter. Nice apple flavor. Finishes clean. Not a big fan of dry cider but this is pretty solid.

magsinva (1250) - Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2012
Bottle - Leesburg Vintner - pours a clear orange with a white head. Aroma is of sweet apples like apple sauce with a sour finish. Taste is a touch sour with a dry finish. Overall, a nice refreshing cider

after4ever (8025) - Mukilteo, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2011
750, corked and baled. Pours a crystal clear medium amber with a loose and bubbly white head. Mild red apple skin nose. Fizzy medium body, very light and refreshing. Great tangy red apple mid palate, a bit on the subdued side with great balance and approachability. This is a cider you could buy by the case for any crowd at an outdoor party. Mild finish. Great stuff.

annunz123 (957) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 17, 2011
Pours relatively clear with aggressive carbonation. Apple and some vinegar in both the aroma and flavor. Not really a cider guy but this seems pretty average to me.

Nellie (349) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 14, 2011
drank from the big bottle in boston. jealous? tastes smells like vinegar, apples, and dried herbs. pretty dry, but sweet finish. enjoyable. not enough to drink the whole bottle, but i’m going to anyway.

savnac (2391) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - SEP 19, 2010
750ml bottle. Clear light orange with a small fizzy head and visible carbonation. Aroma of sweet apples, brown sugar and some oak. The flavor is semi-sweet apples and little else, I don’t really get any tart or sour flavors. Light body with lively carbonation and a crisp finish. Pretty good cider, I like them a bit more dry and tart though.

TheGent (656) - , Massachusetts, USA - AUG 18, 2010
This was a very different sort of cider for me. I have only had American and English styles before so I was eager to try. My corked green bottle was pop loudly and gave a lot of nice smoke. Very bubblely light yellow color with a head that faded very fast. The nose was a little odd for me. Yes there was tart apple but also a yeasty bread smell. At first I did not like it but it grew on me. The taste was subtle light sweet and tartness. Little thin on the body. A very different animal than I am used to but I think a good start to a new world.

Frank (4193) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 16, 2010
This is very apply and fruity cider. Rather vigorous carbonation. Reminds me quite a lot of some English and homebrew ciders I have had, esp. those that are sweetened w/ a bit of apple juice. Some slight earthy and phenolic character but more mild than what one typically finds in a Normand cider. This is a nice tasting cider but perhaps lacking a bit in depth and complexity and is definitely not a great choice if you prefer dry ciders. However, I’d say it’s a great choice if you are looking for a crowd pleaser amongst French ciders.

jds170 (30) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2010
From a corked 750 ml. Interesting nose - faint apple backed by some earthiness. Clear golden color, minimal quick-dispersing head with no retention and no lacing. Apple and earth in the mouth, nice complexity for a cider, and certainly better than the majority of ciders made here in the U.S. Light palate due to the lively carbonation, if a little thin. Crisp cider, good for a cool evening. I will say it goes really well with kale, castelvetrano olive, sopresseta and tomato pizza.

scrizzz (2223) - Bothell, Washington, USA - FEB 12, 2010
Candied apple aroma, dark gritty honey. Clear amber gold, short lived head, neverending supply of bubbles. Very sweet, honeycrisp nectar, some soaked oak.