overall
Brewed by Cidrerie Duché de Longueville (CSR - CCLF)
Style: Cider
Anneville-sur-Scie, France

RATINGS: 80   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
The Clos Normand range of ciders is made in the heart of the Normandy region from the choicest apples grown on trees. This cider owes its rich, full flavor to the quality of the fruit we use as well as to the care we take at each stage of the cider-making process. The result is a subtle alliance of sweet and sour taste, that is the trademark of Clos Normand.

LePistoir (18) - Alabama, USA - APR 6, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 5, 2013 Excellent French apples and balance. Not the candy sweet b.s. you get from American producers. Could drink it with anything over and over.

beammeupscotty (2) - - MAR 28, 2016 does not count
This is without question the best tasting cider that I have found for the money. I pay $6.49 +CRV for it and it is worth every penny. I’d drink it every day if I could afford it. It is light, but not too light, crisp and apple-tasting without even approaching the Jolly Rancher realm, is low alcohol content so I can drink a whole bottle in an evening without getting messed up. It is beautiful to look at, it tastes just like it is supposed to and just like the ciders I drank in France. All in all, it’s awesome.

IndianaRed (5121) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 4, 2008
Bottle pours a light orange/amber with a short lively head. A bit soda pop-ish I suppose. Aroma is apples, a bit tart and ascidic. Flavor is more like Martinellis than most of the other more dry ciders I have had. The right mix of apple flavor and dry tartness. The fairly low ABV made this more enjoyable to me. Very nice.

JStax (7307) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2012
Poured from a corked and caged 750 ml bottle. Appearance is translucent gold/copper with a quickly dissipating white head of foam. It never really had a head of any sort, but the foam that appeared as I poured was gathered around the edges and appeared where the cider was pouring into the glass. Aroma was reminiscent of a tart Honeycrisp or Riku apple. I wouldn’t say this is sour, just tart. Taste is essentially the same as the aroma. Slightly tart and sweet. Mouthfeel is light and smooth, as the alcohol content would indicate. Definitely a thirst quenching cider. I can definitely see myself giving this one another go.

after4ever (8025) - Mukilteo, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2011
750, corked and baled. Pours a crystal clear medium amber with a loose and bubbly white head. Mild red apple skin nose. Fizzy medium body, very light and refreshing. Great tangy red apple mid palate, a bit on the subdued side with great balance and approachability. This is a cider you could buy by the case for any crowd at an outdoor party. Mild finish. Great stuff.

Acknud (1082) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - AUG 5, 2008
Under-rated. Golden pour with head like champagne. Aroma is crisp of apples. Taste is sweet and sharp in nature with a nice apple bite. Nice cider.

magsinva (1493) - Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2012
Bottle - Leesburg Vintner - pours a clear orange with a white head. Aroma is of sweet apples like apple sauce with a sour finish. Taste is a touch sour with a dry finish. Overall, a nice refreshing cider

wlajwl (7205) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - AUG 2, 2012
Aroma is complex apples, a hint of fruit and a slight mustiness. The flavor is a mix of green and red apples and a mild sweetness in the finish.