RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 3.81/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
IPA hopped with Chinook, Citra, Amarillo & Centennial

Most RecentTicked By

Oakes (19569) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 16, 2018
Cloudy and dull. Dullish yeasty nose, nice floral yeasty hop note...yummy brew.

andrewje41 (4661) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - JAN 5, 2018
This is not a milestone rate for me, but it might as well be. When Cloudburst first showed up on tap lists around Seattle, I knew right away that they were going to be a brewery I wanted to follow, but didn't know I would begin a quest to try every single beer they put out. That being said, I was a little lazy at first. Figured, hey, beers last a long time at breweries, right? Not when they are this tasty. I'm glad I can look back at my original rates of Cloudburst beers, especially on a day like today at their anniversary party, and read my notes talking about how these guys are going to be huge one day, but only as huge as they will allow themselves to be. Cheers to that! When I first realized No Recess had kicked at the brewery, I launched a damn near full forensic investigation on where I could find this elusive beer. A beer that everybody the last two years has told me how forgettable of an IPA it was. All that being besides the point. It was the one that got away! I went to several different places that I thought I could find it, or possibly had a keg sitting around. I went to several places just to learn that somebody checked the beer in incorrectly on the "other site". I traveled to a place on foot to order the No Recess, just to see Burk point across the bartop and say, she got the last pour. I was this close to buying the rest of her beer off of her. Instead, this was my final close attempt to get this beer. Until today.. Dave Grohl.. you are my hero. Steve Luke.. you are my other hero. Draft pour pint at Cloudburst to celebrate their anniversary. The ultimate celebration beer with all the above considered. Much thanks to Alison and Serena for probably helping me try this beer, and for expediting my first pint. It lasted ten seconds. Amazing beer. And the experience surrounding it makes it even better. Hazy golden orange pour. Hazier than the first batch, I would guess. I wouldn't know. Creamy, lingering foam head. Peach, citrus fruit aroma. Thicker, creamy body. Juicy orange fruit. Moderate bitterness. So good. A beer worth celebrating. Glad to enjoy it with two of my best buds. Much cheers to Tcon and Lutton. I've never been so happy in my entire life to try a beer.

fiulijn (21537) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 20, 2016
Draught at the brewery
Cloudy dull blond color. Nice fruity aroma. Toffee malt flavor, off-dry, strong bitterness; the hop is very resiny, a bit piney; nice IPA, a bit heavy on the yeast though, dirty.

luttonm (7091) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 13, 2016
Draft at Cloudburst. Hazy, foamy grapefruit. Creamy head. Creamy full body. Round mouthfeel, big hops, balanced pin, resin, earth. Not a lot of citrus. Full IPA, nice.

after4ever (8025) - Mukilteo, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2016
Tap at SB. Pours a cloudy pale amber with a dense and creamy off-white head that lasts and lasts. Big sweet fruity nose with a nice airy pine note cutting through. Creamy medium body with lively carb. Lightly toasted caramel with tons of pine and sweet pineapple/mango/melon over the top of that. Long sweet crisp finish. Very nicely done.

mcberko (20289) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 7, 2016
On tap at Cloudburst, pours a cloudy golden with a small white head. Aroma brings out lots of citrus hops, a little pine, a little resin and a bone dry biscuity malt. Flavour is extremely well-balanced, with piney hops, citrus and just enough sweet malt. Finishes astringent and with a touch of desirable sweetness. Excellent stuff.

trevor211 (1681) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 15, 2016
On tap at the brewery. Opaque yellow. Skunky resin on the nose. Some grapefruit. This is thick! Syrupy, almost. Robust, but... strange. Mandarin/satsuma rind, but it’s almost like someone thickened an otherwise average IPA. The mouthfeel doesn’t match the flavor. Huh.

OldMrCrow (2447) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 1, 2016
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2016 Happy new years indeed, shitheads. Mofo beat me to this one by almost 24 hours (Cheers, AK). Damnit. Hazy cloudy pour, white head. Great white grapefruit nose; tons of citra up in this son of a bitch but also enough Amarillo to keep me happy. Dry, tons of grapefruit, a bit of stinging astringency but it just adds to the charm. This is what new school ought to be if it weren’t so busy trying to point out how new school it was. I’ll be taking a growler home with me tonight. We’ll see if I still respect it in the morning.

[1 AM addendum: Growler gone. I can drink out the shit out of this. Double vision. The only only remaining question is whether it respects me in the morning.]

riversideAK (6265) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - DEC 31, 2015
First rate. Happy New Years shit heads. Nose of white sugar oranges citra hops leafy dank tropical notes pithy finish. Hazy orange golden pour nice head and lace. Flavors of dank citrus grapefruit pith chewy dank light doughy malt a little white sugar. Chewy hop finish. Well done.