overall
RATINGS: 656   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 375   ABV: 12.5%
What should we call our Russian Imperial Stout? Black Unicorn? Soul Dragon? Nohhh. Let’s combine them and create the ultimate mythical creature: Blaecorn Unidragon.

Imbued with a monstrous amount of dark malt and aggressive hops, Blaecorn Unidragon is a powerful and complex brew designed to improve with age.

Smurf2055 (1400) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2013
2012 Pours heavy black with a couple fingers tanish head. Smell huge red fruits and ash. Taste smooth chocolate, roast, and a bit of vanilla. Coating, viscus, and big bodied. Solid RIS, not amazing

Nopain52 (3) - - SEP 1, 2013 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2013 Draft. Very dark, not quite black. Short duration head. Standard RIS scent. Taste is burnt malt , coffee, alcohol, dried fruit. Bitter finish, but not a hop bitterness. Didn’t get chocolate or vanilla or hops. Just tastes burnt. I thought I’d love it. I didn’t. Revisit. Multiple repeat tastings (couldn’t believe I didn’t love it) If I challenge (saturate) my taste buds first with, for instance, a Yeti (my favorite), the B. Unidragon becomes a very sweet and very pleasant RIS and I almost prefer it. If I start with it, I dislike it because of the ’burnt’ taste. After a Yeti, it meets all my expectations.

Peacehammer (627) - California, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Thick, syrupy black. Tons of roast coffee and black malt on the nose, with a touch of smoke. Very similar flavor profile, a huge roast barley Component as well.

drjay44 (3895) - Salida, Colorado, USA - AUG 19, 2013
651 ml. bottle. Pours a thick, well retained, beige head, with some lacing,over an opaque, black (SRM 45) body, which has tremendous legs....nose is heavy coffee, lighter chocolate, hints of dried fruits including raisin, plum, light floral hop spice.....taste is heavy coffee, with chocolate tones, light plum, raisin, hints of licorice, minimal hop spice, ending with a heavy hop bitterness......mouth feel thick, creamy, lightly sticky, slightly astringent, alcohol warmth present, carbonation makes a creamy ending. This is a huge beer. The alcohol is remarkably subtle and well hidden considering its level. The malt and hop backbones are nicely complex and balanced, but dominate the yeast aromas and flavors. The ABV is a bit high for the style. This will age well. BJCP 8/3/17/5/7

bowlnman1990 (94) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - AUG 17, 2013
Aroma: hippy, chocolate, maybe a hint of vanilla. App: black and thick tan head. Taste: vanilla and coffee, charcoal. Palate: full mouth but creamy. Pretty short though.

Ostomo517 (73) - Norton Shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 15, 2013
Pours pitch black. Palate is surprisingly smooth for a RIS. Vanilla smooth as silk at first with toasty hints and a good hop snap followed by more malt and roast. A all to well hidden 12.5% abv. Best RIS on the market. Clown Shoes is groundbreaking.

trevman7 (58) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 13, 2013
Delicious. Well balanced combination of hops with malt. Very strong. No off flavors, only deliciousness

sir__v (2630) - FRANCE - AUG 12, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2015 Color: strong dark black beer with no carbonation and small brown head. Smell: malt, sugar, licorice, raisin. Taste: good complexity in mouth with malt sugar and caramel. Aftertaste: small alcohol taste and nice bitterness with licorice.

bigbish (715) - California, USA - AUG 12, 2013
I thought this was a fantastic Imperial Stout. Had it on tap at a local joint. I didn’t write down my tasting notes, but it was a very roasty complex stout. Delicious.

yngwie (17284) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - AUG 10, 2013
Bottle, 22oz. A more or less black one, topped by a dense, finger-thick beige head. The aroma is very smooth, with roasted malts and coffee, chocolate, some dried fruit hints, licorice and some nutty hints. The flavor has some sweetness, with licorice, coffee and chocolate. Quite roasted, but far from extreme. Full body, extremely soft and silky, with some alcohol warmth. Lasting sweet and dark finish. Perhaps a bit too warming this one, but definitely nice anyway. And dangerously easy drinkable. Well worth a revisit if I get the chance some day. 130810