overall
RATINGS: 556   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Clementine is beer conceived in a dream, in the middle of a blistering beatdown of a day. We used Clementine, sweet orange peel, coriander, and summit hops to smack that mean day upside the head with a refreshing clown shoe.

bigtaster (1037) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - AUG 20, 2013
Pale yellow color with white frothy head. Nose has lots of yeast and some lemon some nice floral. Lots of carbonation, light body, some acidity and slightly dry with oranges on the finish. A vinous sweetness, similar to a dryer white wine. Enjoyable.

Caytinator (1005) - Waco, Texas, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Bomber. Bright clear orange color, irregular medium white head, good lacing, nice carbonation. Really nice aroma, very appetizing, especially on a hot day, the fruit is most evident here. Good taste, the bitterness is correct and matches the description, but I wish it was just a little bit sweeter. Palate is appropriate for the style, nicely done. Overall an interesting idea (I can’t believe it hasn’t been tried before), and the result tastes good and is very refreshing.

RespertFTW (520) - Michigan, USA - AUG 9, 2013
Bottle. Not one of my favorite styles of beers but I kind of enjoyed this one. I think because it wasn’t overwhelmingly clovey. Pee yellow. Good clarity. Hint of citrus in the taste.

Jado (805) - Camp Hill, AUSTRALIA - AUG 8, 2013
From 341 ml bottle. Pours a slightly hazy hay-yellow with a tight white head that leaves some lacing. Aromas of orange, lemon, bubblegum, coriander and cloves as well as some Belgian yeast characters. Taste is juicy fresh orange at the front, with some light lemon zest bitterness then kicking in. Light bodied with a fresh clean finish and a lemony aftertaste. Although the orange/Clementine is definitely there, it’s very fresh and not overwhelming at all. Really good.

Beaver (1863) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - AUG 1, 2013
12 oz bottle. Pours hazy golden amber with a meringue white head that retains fairly well and laces the glass.

The aroma is citrus, coriander and some funky yeast.

The flavor is sweet bready malts with some citrus, coriander, floral spices and yeast. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with smooth creamy carbonation.

Overall, an OK wit, a little heavy on the spice.

onceblind (10855) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 30, 2013
At Epic Beer Fest 2013. Hazy light gold with a thin white head. Nose is classic witte with loads of coriander, wheat, and bitter orange peel. Flavor is smooth and bone dry with loads of wheat, loads of coriander, and loads of orange peel providing ample bitterness. Finishes bitter and wheaty and stronger than I expected. A big Witte for sure.

jbarry1506 (28) - Indiana, USA - JUL 21, 2013
This is a good beer, but I honestly expect more from Clown Shoes. It is a nice soft beer from a company that I expect a flavorful, punch in the mouth, masterpiece from. There really isn’t much in the way of aroma on this one, just some light orange notes. The pour is great with a medium body head that dissipates quickly. The color is a nice cloudy dark orange. The taste is true to a white ale; a little wheaty at first with just slight hints of bitterness on the back end that are probably from the orange peel and hops. Very reminiscent of blue moon with an orange, so if you like that, this would be a good choice for you.

Brew42 (62) - - JUL 20, 2013
I had this beer for the second time tonight and I totally changed my mind on it, The first time I had it I was not a fan but on tap I thought it was great. Pours a hazy orange color with a short-lived white head. Smells and tastes citrusy and spicy. Like your average witbeir but with just the right amount of citrusy sweetness. When they say clementine they mean it, it is sweeter than beers flavored with oranges. Overall- Great summer beer. Refreshing citrus flavor. I’m glad I tried it a second time.

DCLawyer (2931) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JUL 19, 2013
Bottle->weizen. Cloudy gold with frothy white head. A: wheat, yeast, coriander, orange peel, bread. T: same, with yeast and coriander dominating. Eh.

walleye (1102) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - JUL 14, 2013
poured a hazy straw with a white head left some good lacing. aroma orange zest, coriander, yeast, hops, pepper. flavor about the same as aroma. since this is my 1st clown shoes I think this could be my new summer beer