overall
Cobra Beer
Brewed at Molson Coors UK (MolsonCoors)

Style: Low Alcohol
Burton-on-Trent, England

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.54/5   ABV: 0.01%
Bottle: Pasteurised
Alcohol free lager.
Ingredients: Water, Barley Malt, Maltrose and Hops.

undercurrent25's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
undercurrent25 (2204) - Barnton, Cheshire, - FEB 2, 2013
Very hoppy aroma gives way to a chemical like taste, not nice, but I was on dryathalon in January

labeerinthum (1057) - Milano, ITALY - AUG 19, 2017
Bottiglia. L’intensità olfattiva è leggera e la continuità olfattiva è sfuggente. Il cappello di schiuma ha una discreta resistenza. Le bollicine sono grandi. La consistenza del liquido è limpida. Il colore è giallo dorato brillante. Il corpo è leggero e scorrevole. L’amaro è moderato. L’intensità gustativa è tenue. L’aroma in bocca è tipico delle birre ad alcool zero.

jjsint (3502) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 17, 2017
Bottle at a decent Herts curry house. Light yellow with a surprisingly rocky head. Malty smell, somewhere between Ovaltine and the sickly breath of a dying animal. Malty taste as well. Like an invalid drink without any redeeming qualities. Makes me happy that I’m 44 and probably done with over half my life, but also weirdly pleasant.

Grampar (1) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - APR 10, 2017 does not count
As I aged along came various heath problems which required a large number of medications. Several of these carried the warning NO ALCOHOL so, still liking my pint, I searched for a non alcoholic beer or lager and after a while settled some years ago for Cobra Zero which I found to my surprise, better than many alcoholic beers. I shopped at Morrisons, who stopped selling it and up to a few weeks ago, Feb/March 2017, at Tesco who have now stopped. I found some online suppliers who charge more than double Tesco’s price and as I am now on a limited budget cannot afford their prices. I still think that for my own personal taste, Cobra Zero cannot be beaten but I am now reduced to drinking a Belgian non-alcoholic beer with a German name. Please where in Glasgow can I find my Cobra Zero?

dchad56 (550) - - NOV 23, 2015
Bottle - sparkling light lemon with small white head. Slight tobacco, dry leaves aroma and taste - not particularly nice. Ok in mouth and on tongue. Not convinced at all!

tommann (3950) - Dudley, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 2, 2015
330ml bottle. Pours light gold with a medium head. Aroma is cornflakes and vegetables. Taste is sweet with cornflakes and vegetables. It’s Ok for a night off.

Japalo (1887) - DENMARK - JUL 29, 2014
[email protected], Bath. Golden clear. Small head. Low carb. Butterscots. Strange sweetness. Tasteless. Brewed in burton on trent.

1.3
JohnCook101 (535) - - MAR 21, 2014
Too sweet, no depth of flavour whatsoever. Thin and watery with an oddly thick head, like light meringue or marshmallow. Poor.

allmyvinyl (11029) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JAN 17, 2014
330ml bottle for low alcohol tasting night. Pale yellow, thick white. Smells like mash tun run off, or what your Dad’s beer smelt like when you were young. More maltesers on the taste. Sweet, thin. Passable.

Leighton (22328) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 5, 2014
Bottle shared at CBC Clerkenwell. Pours clear, urine gold with a fine, creamy white head. Nose of bread and cereal. Medium sweet flavor with paper, dough and cereal. Light bodied with average, creamy carbonation. Creamed corn and more cereal to finish with just a nip of straight white sugar. Too sweet. Not awesome.

JohnRMurdoch (5058) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - DEC 28, 2013
330ml bottle, present from a friend. Dark yellow, reasonable head. Strong resin corn aroma. Strong sickly sweet corn flavour, with sickly sweet aftertaste. Undrinkable.