RATINGS: 632   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Slightly sweet and super smooth Colt 45 is the malt liquor that works every time.

radio_nowhere's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
radio_nowhere (1472) - Maryland, USA - JUN 22, 2013
Since I’ve generally been drinking good beers this vacation I thought, hey, how can a break that streak? Is that Colt 45 in the beer freezer? Yes! 16 oz. can poured into a glass, another terrible idea to compound things. Typical pale lager color with white head. Aroma of sweet corn grainy malt, metallic and a real funky note I can’t really define (I’m seeing where descriptions like sweat, dirty water, a wet sponge, etc come from). Down the hatch this isn’t anything too wild, just thick pale malt sweetness. Light body, heavy carbonation with funky sweet aftertaste. I only enjoy the occasional malt liquor to remind myself how bad it can get. Also it’s a more fun review to write :)

meccahh69lol (319) - New Haven, Connecticut, USA - SEP 14, 2017
Ah yes, the infamous Colt 45, Lando Calrissian's favorite and a teenage drinking entry point for us both. Pleasantly surprised that this isn't as gross as expected and it gets a nice nostalgia bump. The smell is dank fetid swamp frat basement and the look is well clearish piss. The taste is deceptively smooth and goes down better than expected really. This isn't a choke downer like Steel Reserve, but that is likely due to the modest ABV where most malt liquors are way up there. No need to brass monkey this one! Good for lazy Thursdays of Halt and Catch Fire, grabbing an inhaler to relieve the illness in your lungs, and getting hopping mad at the confusing auto enrollment 401K policy of your company.

1.2
unclemike (3170) - Junction City Kansas, Kansas, USA - AUG 1, 2017
his brew poured a small head of white medium sized bubbles that quickly disappeared leaving a carbonated weak light yellow body. It has that typical low quality rice beer aroma and a fizzy flavor. There is no real character to this gassy beverage.

landocalrissian (1) - - JUL 3, 2017 does not count
Colt 45. It works every time! Love ya baby! Lando C. The aroma is out of this world, the appearance is luscious as can be, the taste is .......my lawd...my lawd......the palate....palate? Is that Italian? Overall.....it works EVERY TIME.

mR_fr0g (13155) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - JUN 26, 2017
Bottle shared at Cotteridge convention 05/03/2016. Thanks to team Boost. A pale yellow coloured pour with no head. Aroma is spicy sweet wort, veg, sweet grains, sweaty. Flavour is composed of sweet grains, apple, tangy apple. Palate is sweet, moderate carbonation, grainy. Not a fan.

DavidWoodruff (630) - Windsor, California, USA - JUN 21, 2017
Pale gold with an abundant white head. Doughy sweet aroma. A little sweet with a minor amount of alcohol dryness. No real hop bitterness. Blander than I would have guessed for a malt liquor. Short finish. Quite forgettable.

wlajwl (7005) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - MAR 13, 2017
Works for a couple sips/chugs ice cold with no real taste, then pretty much like every other cheap pale lager.

StoutBeerReviews (221) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 10, 2017
AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 40oz...

0.8
KnitInferno (10) - Kentucky, USA - FEB 2, 2017
This is not a beer I enjoy. Definitely not one I would buy for myself or friends unless requested.

weihenweizen (4041) - Charleston Area, West Virginia, USA - JAN 12, 2017
Refrigerated aluminum can poured into a snifter. Clear pale yellow with small white. Aroma is light grain, light body, low carbonation, and a little lacing. Taste is light grain.

joejames (510) - Jacobus, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2016
Ok, let’s get this SHIT out of the way. The only reason this is in my possession is I drove all the way to Newberrytown Rutters, first gas station I know of to sell beer. I am a daily Rutter’s costumer and hope they learn the beer business fast. This will be short but not sweet. I’m 99% sure this is fresh, no help. I drank a few of these as a teen. Here goes, couldn’t go away empty handed but to be fair, hey it was only 11 cents more than my morning joe. $1.99 - 24oz. can. Looks like shit, tastes like shit, smells like, well glad I didn’t step in it.