overall
RATINGS: 1418   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   IBU: 6   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The Banquet Beer was born in the Rockies and has been a proud part of the American experience for generations, stubbornly refusing to compromise, since 1873.

1.2
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 16, 2003
A wise man once told me that in order to appreciate good beer one must first sample bad beer. I believe he was just trying to get rid of his supply of Coors.

1.3
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 15, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2003 On “My personal 4 prong rating scale for Macro Beers:” I rate Coors Original as “Super Crap.” It is much better than many of the other macros, but I think it is packaged soda water with yellow coloring and a ting of malt flavor. No detectable aroma, little flavor, and a short lived fizzy head.**Super Crap

minguimore (17) - SPAIN - JUL 15, 2003
Cocacola like head, it disappears as fast as that one. No taste. Spend your money in soda, it will be the same.

0.6
beerguy101 (5364) - Newark, California, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Fizzy gold color. Small head. Aroma is slightly of corn and grain. I will admit my beer snobbery here and admit I only drank this stuff because, it was free and it was the best beer available. I am also sure that there are picture, suitable for blackmail, which will circulate of me drinking this stuff. Enough said, on with the review. Typical fizzy yellow beer flavor. Malts and hops are all but non-existent. Corn and a vegetable flavor are evident. Its much better ICE cold, as the objectionable flavors are not as evident as when it warms up. Vegetable, medical and corn YUCH!! Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is neutral.

1.3
changxao (104) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 12, 2003
Doesn't taste much like its light counterpart, although I don't know if thats bad or good. Some flavor, no head, not very good to me.

Shagnasty (130) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 10, 2003
Could be worse. Comparable to an MGD in quality which is a pleasant change of pace in college. After a few semesters of quality time at a frat house bad beers like Coors original seem good, when compared to a Pabstsmear or a Beast Ice. I've had much worse

0.7
hayden1215 (321) - Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2003
Used to drink this quite a bit. From the rocky mountain streams and all. But now this sweet, fizzy watery crap turns my stomach.

0.6
Schroppfy (2362) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUL 8, 2003
I've decided that this is the worst beer I have yet had, but will not give it a 0.5. The corn fake effluence arising from the glass was horrifying. The taste was all that and much much more. I even like the nose on some Amer Stds quite a lot; not here. Even bad with my steak and salad and my two under-6 dinner companions, and that's saying alot.

TChrome (1481) - North Richland Hills, Texas, USA - JUL 7, 2003
Light aroma, light flavor. Yellow and fizzy. Might be the best of the big three, but that's not saying much, is it.

Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 5, 2003
The maltiest of the big three, this beer has a strange aftertaste and sits heavy on my stomach. It's been years since I've tried this beer. Now I know why.