overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3443   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Ah, the four-door sedan of Mexican beers. Pours a medium yellow, smells a bit on the skunky side. Similar to most U.S. domestics in its watered down, faintly malty taste. Better with lime, but best if skipped altogether. One would be better off with Negra Modelo ... or even Dos Equis Amber.

Boystout (1000) - Chisinau, MOLDOVA - MAY 12, 2004
Famous pale stinky concoction with cult status among "tough" mama’s boys. Almost undrinkable (whether with lime or not).

BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - MAY 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2004 I’ve got lotsa friends who drink this religiously. I don’t get it. I first tried it back in 1987 in Denver. I couldn’t get it in NJ at the time. I was so excited due to it being a new taste experience. To this day that moment stands as one of my lifes biggest disappointments . I would’ve been better served to put my nose up someone’s buttocks rather than the opening of that bottle. I smelled another last week. If nothing else, Cerveceria Modelo’s quality control is the image of consistency. The aroma still stinks. The flavor is nothing special, at least it doesn’t taste completely like a fart. Filtering this stuff through a lime helps a bit, but what’s the point? If nothing else it’s a below average lager.

dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 11, 2004
i like the taste of corona. with or without lime its pretty good.it got a different flavor than other beers.

1.1
dberger624 (1028) - Voorhees, New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2004
Bottled at Benningans for Cinco de Mayo. Didn’t have the lime. Don’t know if that was a mistake or not. Most likely would have gotten rid of the slight skunky taste and smell.

darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - MAY 9, 2004
Well, it’s a lager, not much more than that. O.K. for a change of pace, meaning other choices not available, put a lime in it and drink a few with your buddies on a hot day.

jasonp (1581) - Ashburn, Virginia, USA - MAY 8, 2004
This is pretty shitty stuff. Pours a piss golden with a white head. Taste is a very boring macro lager taste, probably brewed with rice and corn. Drink only if free at an office party. Not recommended.

1.1
Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Hello marketed garbage. Add a lime or lemon so you wont have to taste this horrid beer! One of the worst tasting beers I have ever had. At least light beers have no flavor. This definitely qualifies as one of the worst overpriced beers in history.

1.2
GBUCKLEY (1) - New York, USA - MAY 7, 2004 does not count
This 8.99 beer costs 14.99 - 16.99 a 12 pack on Long Island. Why? Why? I first drank this in 1986 in southern Texas (where it cost $3.50 in a club) and in Mexico (where it cost $6 a case). I thought the bottle was cool, at age 20. At age 21 I developed some taste. This is a non-offensive beer; maybe the ladies like it because it goes down OK. No character - Total rip off.

Pailhead (6541) - Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Bottle: Aroma is almost not existent. What aroma exists, is a little hoppy. Appearance is a clear, dull yellow. Small head that dies almost instantly. Not a whole lot of flavor, but a little bitter. Short lasting slightly bitter aftertaste. This really isn’t much of a beer, but for some reason I do enjoy drinking them on occasion. Much more than my rating indicates. I guess you can call it my guilty pleasure of beer drinking. Maybe I’ve just built a tolerance for it since it’s what I prefer over Bud and Bud Light when I’m at bar that has a very ordinary selection of beer.