overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3480   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

0.6
hayduke (5731) - Eureka, California, USA - JUL 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2007 Botlle and tap (in Mexico) Since I started rating brews on Ratebeer I decided to actually pay attention to how some of the ones I occasionally drink actually match up. I was shocked at how awful this stuff is. The color of urine, bad aroma, unpleasant flavor, and nothing that makes it worth drinking. The next time someone hands me one ot these I will just suck on the lime and pour out the beer. This shows the power of marketing. If you poured a liittle vodka in tap water you would have a better tasting drink.

Dough77 (822) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2004
i love this stuff on a hot summer day, really i do. one of the few brews you’ll see me drop a lemon in. its refreshing, and always full of memories. again, its not a special beer in how it tastes or looks, but is a beer that does the trick when in need. an old favorite, that i wont deny enjoying on certain occastions.

michaeltrego (101) - Amherst, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 7, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 15, 2004 It is what it is - just fine to quench the thirst on a hot afternoon. I would rather have a Corona than a Bud Light any day.

jgentgesdo (694) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUL 5, 2004
Standard bad pale lager, with a metallic, acidic taste that is cut slightly by the addition of a lime.

0.6
mikepro44 (2) - Okanagan, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 3, 2004 does not count
if your gonna drink anything mexican might aswell just get some Jose Cuervo,it has better taste and get drunk quicker haha

SkyinBrian (430) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 3, 2004
ok, sure this is overpriced and trendy and skunky as hell, but the lime makes that all ok. drank one without a lime once. this defiinately not reccommended.

1.1
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - JUL 1, 2004
Horrible appearance and slightly funky flavor. Adjuncts galore. Not bad with a lime though...it does the job on a hot sunny day in San Diego or Tijuana.

0.9
oldmonk420 (26) - New York, USA - JUN 30, 2004
I hear the Mexicans piss in this beer. Just kidding. It possess a urine gold color. Definately watery with some bitterness to it. Now I understand why it needs lime or lemon. To help add complexity to nothing and to help ease your suffering! Don’t know how people drink this stuff sometimes. Must because of the bright color which are used to help brainwash the dummy beer drinkers. Definately has to be the power of marketing with the beach as a backdrop.

0.9
Gmku (302) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 28, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2004 A lot of nothing. A whole bunch of nothing. Actually, on a first swig of a recent bottle, I did notice some hoppy crispness. But it went away quckly. There was a lot of this floating around the island of HIlton Head on my recent vacation. It’s stacked to the ceiling (in cases) in some convenience stores there. It’s got the whole isalnd vacation mythos workin for it. Saw some guy in a flower shirt (the Hawaii kind) carrying out two cases to his car. Poor guy. I have very good friends who love this stuff. They’re good friends and they remain so, in spite of their lack of discerning judgment when it comes to matters beer-like and et cetera... I can say this, though, with certainty: Drink it with limes and you will fart. And it will not be good.

Holdwine (1240) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 23, 2004
Extra what? Pale urine color, I have a hard time finding anuthing good to say here. I guess it really is the power of marketing. watery with some bitterness (I guess that’s what the lime is for). This stuff reeks.