overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3458   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

1.2
Discofish (152) - USA - MAR 28, 2004
Doesn't taste like much of anything fizzy and boring. I guess thats why its served with lime?

skaughty (652) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2004
Pours pale yellow with no head, just an everlasting bubbly fizz. The aroma is mild, but pleasant ...oh wait that was the lime! Everything about this beer is "underdone", but that can be refreshing at the right times. There is nothing bad about the aroma, flavor, or mouthfeel, just nothing exciting either.

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2004
This beer is an enigma. It stinks, it looks like piss, it is soft on the palate, but I like it! Don't ask me why. When served very cold, it goes well with spicy foods. If I am in the mood for a non-intimidating simple beer, this is what I go for.

AcctError7102 (28) - Jamison, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Pours a piss-like color with a very flat smell. Flavor? There isn't any. It tastes like there are hints of canola oil. Lime wedge brings it from a "D" to a "C-". Only decent on a hot day. One of the great mysteries in life: Why does this Beer cost so much? It's from MEXICO, not GERMANY!

bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAR 25, 2004
bottled: searching through the rates. trying to find some swill i havent rated....oh, corona!! i use this term daily but it aint when im ordering beer, when someone want/needs a crown of course. this is the worst of the mexican beers but the most popular. the worst part its sold as a premium import increasing the price. if you drink too many of these you build a tart nasty taste on your palate that wont go away. the lime just tries to hide the bad flavor. stay away unless your in mexico and drink dos equis or tecate instead of 'these crapola!'

1.3
sayravai (4710) - Helsinki, FINLAND - MAR 24, 2004
(Bottled, 4.5% ABV, BBE 09/2004) Pale lager color, no head to speak of. Pretty strong, corny, hoppy and grassy aroma with some skunkiness. Very lightly malty, corny flavor with bitter finish. Light, quite bitter palate. Good with spiced food or in hot weather. Quite harshly bitter and watery lager.

1.1
jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 22, 2004
I do not like this beer. This beer is not representative of other fine Mexican brews. Much too light in all respects. Oily taste, and no I don't think a lime wedge enhances the taste of this beer, I don't know the reason behind this accoutrement.

0.8
jables (101) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 22, 2004
This was my first time drinking this. Pours fizzy yellow w/ soapy white foam (that I won't call head it disappeared so fast) that dissipates quickly. The smell is flat, empty and unappealing. Started out with slight sweet flavors but is quickly o'ertaken by adjuncty notes that dominate. The mouthfeel is thin and unworthy. I didn't enjoy this one at all. It is one of those beers that makes you say "Hey Barkeep, somebody pissed in my water!" On a positive note: the bottle was not skunked, as I've been warned about.

jaysoneslick (24) - Montana, USA - MAR 21, 2004
I used to love this beer, but for some reason I am no longer in a relationship with my Corona.....because I realized it tasted like sh*t.

0.8
Crockett (1120) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 18, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2005 Anyone who describes this as even remotely delicious, is proof that we evolved from monkeys. Surprisingly enough, monkeys also love limes.