overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3719   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

0.7
surfmurf (85) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Wow this was a disappointment. Had an all too familiar litterbox aroma (is that why they use a lime)? Undrinkable the only beer i ever dumped down the drain. Maybe a bad bottle but I won't pass this way again. I'll stick with Carta Blanca for a Mexican brew.

run20six2 (123) - USA - DEC 4, 2003
This beer has a wonderful taste, even better with a lime. However for the price you pay, i consider it a ripoff. Better off buying two cases of miller high life or coors

GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Bottle: good for chugging with lime of course on a hot summer day. (If your from AZ you can truly appreciate what I'm saying). "hey lets get drunk at the lake beer"

eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Is this beer? I guess it is. For some reason, I drink this whenever I have a head cold. Perhaps its because I equate the Vitamin C in the Lime with getting better. Other than that, I try to avoid at all costs. I think its the color of pee the day after a lot of tequila is consumed!

1.3
LoRyder34 (21) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 1, 2003
This beer possesses very little of anything, besides a high price and average alcohol level. The little aroma that is there is almost sour, average appearance, and the flavor is truly light. I can't imagine their light beer. Not one that I would add to the grocery list.

leitrim65 (402) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 1, 2003
This one competes closely with Pacifico for the best beer in Mexico. And, that ain't saying much. If there's better beers I've yet to find them. I now understand why it's important to add a lime to most of these brews. There isn't much flavor to speek of, maybe some malt and a lot of carbonation. I also find it hard to believe these guys make a Corona Light. How much lighter can they get? The aroma is skunkish if any at all. A Corona can be enjoyable on a hot summer afternoon, but would certainly choose another brand if given a choice.

PML589 (8) - USA - DEC 1, 2003 does not count
I had this out of the bottle with a lime, expecting a spectacular brew. I realized after tasting this bitter stuff that it is popular because it is trendy, not tasty.

Hatchetman401 (11) - Lackawanna, New York, USA - NOV 29, 2003
Gimme a 12 pack and a couple of limes and i'd be happy. This stuff tatse like shit without a lime, but with it it's very drinkable. My favorite bitch beer. Not as strong as im used to though.

ZepolK (102) - South Side Montebello, California, USA - NOV 25, 2003
Grassy and mild skunk aroma with a clear yellow color and medium white head. Mild carbonation and little flavor. Somewhat dry finish and thin across the palate.

jstew (2) - Stockbridge, Georgia, USA - NOV 24, 2003 does not count
Surprisingly, I don't think this beer is great with food. However, it is really great with lime, good with lemon, and swill if drunk without salt or citrus fruits. It has been compared to piss water due to lower carbonation. Still, I gave it a favorable rating simply because I only drink it with lime. It is a bit expensive: around $7-8USD (c'mon, this stuff is made in Mexico not Germany for fck's sake). I first started drinking this when I was in Panama while stationed there. I still buy it about 2-3 times a year. Overall, not a great beer but does go down nice on a very hot Florida day at the beach.