overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3468   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Any beer that must be served with a lime can't be good. Piss yellow with no head and little flavor. Only good to cool off after eating too much hot sauce at a Mexican restaurant.

cantchangeit (39) - Oregon, USA - OCT 31, 2003
Im gonna have to agree with the majority here, maybe its all mental but on a sunny day a corona tastes good at the beach (with the lime, and proper technique to mix lime and beer) but if you step back and take that lime out you'll realize. The beer is water. taste is hardly even there. there is no head, and its wayyyyy overpriced.

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 31, 2003
UPDATED: APR 26, 2004 I like it with the lime but not without. The lime gives it some flavor that it would otherwise be lacking. Pretty plain tasting, its looks are decieving. Extremely overpriced too. Nice and refreshing for when you are at the beach but any other time I would stay clear and save your money.

0.9
farmboy (218) - Barwon Heads, AUSTRALIA - OCT 29, 2003
When I was in my teenage years (1980s) this stuff was way cool to drink. It meant you had a bit of cash and the lemon sticking out of the longneck bottle was a novelty. thankfully in my early 30s I know better. This stuff is as plain as you can get and the price tag is outrageous.

scoobyluv (511) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 23, 2003
i was actually scared of this beer for a long time. for some reason, i thought it would be hard core. i was mistaken. tastes a little better than your average macrobrew but it's not worth the outrageous amount of money they want for it. straight out of the bottle, pissy yellow. had it with the lime, still not impressed

brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Its amazing how many people think they are high class beer drinkers because they order this. I suppose at one time I was the same.Tastes better then a US macro at a Mexican resturant,that's the best I can say for it

1.4
bgarrigus (36) - Massachusetts, USA - OCT 22, 2003
I could read a paper through this beer. Any beer that you need to add lime to is not a beer for me. I only have it if the two options are Corona or Bud at a summer barbeque

lasonovich (151) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 20, 2003
A really good beer when fresh lime is added. Without lime its just a standard lager without a great deal of flavour but with it it kicks some serious flavour.

0.8
archstanton (105) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2003
very bitter taste nothing much else to say but the bottle has a cool design

DrnkMcDermott (3136) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 16, 2003
Bottled. Well, served at a bar so it may have been kept in a carton and not light-struck, since it's not as sucky as I'd expect. It is just a little bit maltier than most American megabrews. So I'll at least rate it a little above the average swill. As you might guess, the was the most exotic “import” the bar had.