overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3678   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
thedm (6005) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew poured a medium head of small to large sized white bubbles that left very little lacing. It has a wheat yellow body with a mild or no aroma. It has an initial bite that lingers slightly into the aftertaste. It has a mild hoppy flavor.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Eirikur (385) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 8, 2003
"Only if it´s a Corona" That quote was from The fast and the furious. I dont like this beer(urine) and I will never buy it again.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2003
Bottled. Even on location in Mexico, surfing your nuts off, this beer is not something you look forward to coming home to.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gtowndrunk (5) - USA - MAY 7, 2003 does not count
I love this beer. Ok so it needs a lime, so what, you put salt on popcorn, same difference.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
ferox (84) - Newcastle, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2003
Very carbonated. Horrible appearance. Females who I was with ;-) thought it looked like an alcopop.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
beastdog75 (364) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - MAY 6, 2003
I was surprised that my sample wasn't all that skunky because of the clear bottle and all. Two words: adjunct beer. This beer reeks and tastes of corn and adjuncts. Kind of dirty smelling and tasting as well. Lime does mask these qualities and any others that this cerveza might have.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
TehBeerMonsta (25) - USA - MAY 5, 2003
WTF is this add a lime crap?..... I could add some chocalate cake to some old english 800 and make it taste good. But my OE 800 rating was done without the cake. No, Corona has been stripped of the lemon and/or lime and must face the music alone. This beer sucks, right from the time you twist off the cap and get a whiff of the skanky dishwater aroma. This crap comes packaged with a very unpleasant aftertaste,(this must be where the lime comes in.) I last had this at a mexican restaraunt, where the waitress asked if I would like another, I said no, I will have a Bud light instead. Think about that.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hotstuff (5025) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 4, 2003
This beer poured a medium sized head and it had good lacing. It had a smooth taste. It tasted a little bit bitter, but not overwhelming. It did not have an aftertaste to me. This beer had some carbonation. There was nothing outstanding about this beer as it did not have much character to it. I am glad I have this rating out of the way!

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - APR 30, 2003
Has to be a drain pour for me. Weak head, very skunky aroma and one sip was enough. Didn't have a lime available, but I don't think it would have made any difference. No problem though, because my daughters fiance claims that Corona is pretty good, so I gave him the other five. What the heck, that's what friends are for!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 30, 2003
It's okay if you drink it with a lime. It's very weak, but it's much better than the Corona light.