overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3480   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

0.6
jstu9 (403) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 10, 2003
(bottle) It was free, it was beer-like and I drank it. Not much more to say about it.

topper71 (19) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Good beer - but only in warmer months. Taste best in Key West - preferably at Ricks checking out all the hoochies walking by or down at Malorie Square. If Irish Kevin's is still opened then that is a great place to enjoy a couple dozen of these also.

Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 9, 2003
Bad mexican beer that needs a lime to hide the pissy taste. Has a aftertaste that can't be masked with a lime.

thedm (6320) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew poured a medium head of small to large sized white bubbles that left very little lacing. It has a wheat yellow body with a mild or no aroma. It has an initial bite that lingers slightly into the aftertaste. It has a mild hoppy flavor.

0.9
Eirikur (386) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 8, 2003
"Only if it´s a Corona" That quote was from The fast and the furious. I dont like this beer(urine) and I will never buy it again.

1.2
Spiesy (2337) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2003
Bottled. Even on location in Mexico, surfing your nuts off, this beer is not something you look forward to coming home to.

gtowndrunk (5) - USA - MAY 7, 2003 does not count
I love this beer. Ok so it needs a lime, so what, you put salt on popcorn, same difference.

ferox (84) - Newcastle, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2003
Very carbonated. Horrible appearance. Females who I was with ;-) thought it looked like an alcopop.

beastdog75 (364) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - MAY 6, 2003
I was surprised that my sample wasn't all that skunky because of the clear bottle and all. Two words: adjunct beer. This beer reeks and tastes of corn and adjuncts. Kind of dirty smelling and tasting as well. Lime does mask these qualities and any others that this cerveza might have.

TehBeerMonsta (25) - USA - MAY 5, 2003
WTF is this add a lime crap?..... I could add some chocalate cake to some old english 800 and make it taste good. But my OE 800 rating was done without the cake. No, Corona has been stripped of the lemon and/or lime and must face the music alone. This beer sucks, right from the time you twist off the cap and get a whiff of the skanky dishwater aroma. This crap comes packaged with a very unpleasant aftertaste,(this must be where the lime comes in.) I last had this at a mexican restaraunt, where the waitress asked if I would like another, I said no, I will have a Bud light instead. Think about that.