overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3484   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

damascussteel99 (18) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2001
This is essentially the same rating I gave Coors. Does that tell you something about this 'trendy' beer from Mexico?

Shazbat (100) - USA - FEB 6, 2001
I'm embarrassed that I actually like this, but it _is_ very drinkable ice-cold in hot weather.

0.6
Indra (2710) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - FEB 3, 2001
I couldn't believe how watery this beer was. I'm never drinking it again, unless my life depends on it.

MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 27, 2001
Great Mexican lager. Very smooth and best when served ice cold..............

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - JAN 26, 2001
I always felt that a quality beer started with quality water. Mexico? It's pure sewer water. If you like this beer, be thankful they filtered out the corn and peanut fragments.....

1.3
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2001
This is the most overated beer around. Everyone thinks, 'cool it's from Mexico'. That doesn't make it taste good

MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2006 No Corona for me................................................

Paulynine99 (21) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 14, 2000
it appeals to people because of its tv adds and an inexplicable draw to someone looking to drink beer AND look cool at the same time. personally, i think its dorky, but i cant say its that bad of a beer.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - DEC 5, 2000
I gave it a 3 for appearance only because it looks appealing in the clear bottle on a 95 degree day. Overall, it is a beer of little taste. It seems to succeed in the U.S. as a yuppie beer. I cannot believe it is priced as a premium. Decent on a very hot day and only when the bottle is ice cold.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - NOV 29, 2000
Well...if I'm eating nachos or just mexican food in general I appreciate a good Corona or Dos Equis. I wouldn't drink it just for the sake of drinking beer, but I think it fits the mood on a hot July night when you're pigging out on good Mexican food.