overall
RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This is a pre-prohibition style lager with a heavy corn element.

OzarkElmo (319) - Poplar Bluff, Missouri, USA - DEC 17, 2013
On tap at Public School 612 in downtown LA Dec. 11th. Pours golden with moderate head. Good lacing throughout. Quality senses from nose to finish. Very easy to drink, and flavorful. Nice beer!

smashteroid (262) - Alabama, USA - AUG 28, 2007
served on tap. pours golden with a white frothy head. aroma was actually kind of faint, but noticeably malty. it was easy to drink and sweet tasting. not an overwhelmingly good lager, but not bad either.

Sven (229) - Lancaster, California, USA - JUL 15, 2006
Draught at Lucky Baldwins, Pasadena
Brilliant golden straw in color,modestly carbonated which lends to a good dense head. Nice clean aroma with a good hop presence. Medium bodied. No diacetyl, nice hop/malt balance, crisp and refreshing, finishes dry, quite pleasant.

bsierra (213) - Vista, California, USA - AUG 10, 2008
On tap at Mammoth Bluesapalooza 2008. Had a sweet malty/grainy aroma. Hue is golden with a small white head. Flavor has an initial sweetness followed by a spicy/crisp hoppiness. Pretty mello brew a good thirst quencher during the dusty afternoon. All and all a pretty good brew but there’s lots of other better versions of this, still pretty good session brew.

jbardin (161) - New York, USA - JUL 23, 2012
On tap at the spice table. It's a lager, ok? But it's a good one, and it goes completely perfectly with the food at this spice-centric restaurant. Nice beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - FEB 26, 2005
On Tap. Sweet and smooth taste, but nothing very special. Tastes like sweet corn, though it’s nowhere near as watery as most pale lagers. It’s kind of a boring style, but this seems to do its best with its ingredients. Little bit of bitterness in the finish, but it’s mostly sweet corn in the taste of this one...

mcbeyond (104) - Newport Beach, California, USA - DEC 24, 2009
I love the aroma and flavor of this lager. Sweet yet dignified on the palate. A great quaffer. But for some reason, it makes the roof of my mouth itch. Yeah, I’m kind of allergic to it. Doesn’t stop me from ordering a pour every so often though. A regular at my local pub and for good reason.

StudHammer (29) - - FEB 14, 2016
Aroma is one of beer’s most complex features. Aroma is propelled by lively CO2 and dampened by pillowy heads - especially nitrogen foam.

ELDERPURPLE (11) - USA - NOV 20, 2006
I hated the corn aftertaste. I don’t like corn, so that is probably why. But the sensation is very strong. The beer looks quality though.

ipaapi (7) - Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2012 does not count
I finally got to try this local lager and it was exactly what I thought it would be - a lager. I’m in no rush for another, but my dad loved his. I’m a big fan of Craftsman’s other beers, this one just isn’t getting me excited.