overall
RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   ABV: -
Full bodied, dark mahogany in color, with a rich malty texture. Sparsely hopped.

Cajun (532) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - MAR 30, 2008
Crescent City black forest 5-3-6-3-10 Sample Tasting - Brownish color good head. Sweet roasted malt notes. Sweet malt flavor, but kind of plain/flat. Mild hops finish. Medium bodied. I expected something different.

Haslinger (929) - The World of Beer, Texas, USA - MAR 12, 2008
Not a bad beer from Crescent City, it was recommended to me by the bartender after they had closed so I didn’t get a chance to try any of their other ones. That being said I wouldn’t buy it again and was kind of upset I ended up with a huge cup of this for $8. Oh well

AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - MAR 9, 2008
3/8/08 draught at the brewpub. This should be called medium to dark brown forest. Slight caramel malt sweetness with a crisp finish. Not too bad compared to their other brews.

BuckeyeBoy (7535) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 12, 2008
On Tap at Crescent City New Orleans Pours out a dark brown topped with a nice tan head. A pretty good aroma of malt and roast. Tast of roast and a little sweetness not that bad.

DuffMan (10278) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 27, 2007
Dark mahogany-tinted brown with a moderate tan head. Roasted and burnt malt aroma is eclipsed by a bathroom mildew smell-- same as their red ale. Once again, dirty lines unfortunately killed this beer for me. I think it would be quite nice if it were untainted. Too bad.

LeRay (17) - Louisiana, USA - OCT 8, 2007
I’ve had this beer before years ago, but just went back to the C.C.B. this weekend. I wanted to try a few beers again and I was really surprised at how good this beer was. The flavor is great and I don’t think I ever had beer this fresh. Very good stuff!

Shag (2987) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 7, 2007
The appearance is black with some ruby notes to it. The aroma is chocolate and coffee. This one was quite sweet with some dark fruit and chocolate flavors showing. Of the so-so beers there this was probably the best

kp (10882) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 12/15/1995
Mode: Draft
Source: Brewpub

dark amber, malt aroma, malt taste, slightly sweet

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 5/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.6/5.0
Score: *4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - FEB 22, 2007
I’m a fan of hoppy beers and this is the exact opposite. BUT with that said, this beer was very yummy. Washing down a creole/cajun style crab cake with this beer in the "Tom" seat at this bar was a nice experiance. I’ll certainly get another of these the next time i’m in the big easy.

SudsMcDuff (8388) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2006
Pours a dark dark ruby colour..good head nice lacing, very very good first taste, has a sweet smell..no clue what it is but pleasing..good taste...my favourite by far from this great new orleans brewpub!!! good times!