RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A lightly sparkling, crisply effervescent cider made with traditional English bittersweet cider apples sourced in the Malvern Hills of Worcestershire. Dark straw in appearance with a semi-brililant richness. The slight brettanomyces arome lends to an almost traditional farmhouse cider bouquet. Soft, subtle natural apple sweetness up front, brett and tannins mid palate move in to a slightly woody dry lingering finish.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

stchloe (1138) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 23, 2018
Very light body, body is mostly a sweet dark and smoky blend of apple notes, slightly dry finish

ciderhouserules (7) - Oklahoma, USA - JAN 14, 2018 does not count
Picked this previously unfamiliar cider up at Spec's in Houston while on a business trip. Thought I'd try something different and hope I can find it where I live. Just been drinking cider about 6 months and love it. But have found many different ones that were not that great. Tend to lean toward Strongbow's Gold Apple as my go-to choice, but Crispin Browns Lane is awesome. Easy to drink, smooth and light apple flavor. Not too sweet like some I have tried. Looks great in a glass, not sure what difference that makes, but this is light gold and a bit fizzy when poured. No aftertaste like some have; my overall impression-- easy to drink, pleasant taste, and memorable after finishing the can-not overpowering.. Fortunately I have 3 more to savor! A good challenger to my fav cider, Downeast Original out of Massachussetts.

yespr (49451) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - DEC 5, 2017
16 fl oz can. Pours pale yello, fizzy head. Aroma is dry and zesty apples. Dry, citric. Subdued sweet zesty apples. Fruity and juicy finish.

drjay44 (3950) - Salida, Colorado, USA - SEP 8, 2017
16 oz. can. Pours a minimal, short lived head, over a yellow effervescent body.......nose is apple, mild funk, light herbal tones......taste is lightly sweet initially, lightly sour acid, with apple tones, hints of spice, finishing dry with lingering sour apple flavors.....mouth feel, light of medium body, no alcohol, moderate carbonation. This is a pleasant, easy drinking Cider with pleasant sour tones and mild funk. BJCP 8/3/15/4/7

Carlisle (892) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2017
Can (16oz). Pours clear glass gold color. Sweetness upfront with some caramel notes followed by some dryness in the finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

joedago (1) - North Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2017 does not count
I signed up just to review this urine in a can. Have the best memories of the two liter bottles of cider in Waterford Ireland that we would happily get snockered on. Have yet to determine the name of that cider. In pursuit of it I have been buying each cider available for grocery store prices. They have all been a sweet mess. I thought I hit some top shelf when I saw this import, but was weary of an English version of cider. This stuff is more akin to a white wine, if served as such I wouldn’t have known the difference. Perhaps I am biased, but this truly does smell like my urine and the taste can’t be far from it. I want my money back and have lost all hope in the ciders available at the grocery store. My bad, I will have to step up my game to the taverns and Growler fills to find what I am after. Those prices are a far cry from the two liters sold around Ireland though, so I will first have a hand at fermenting my own cider and see how that turns out. I gave this cider a little credit on appearance since it does look like a crisp apple juice, but I think what I want is a cloudy finish that doesn’t again, look just like my toilet aftermath. Did I mention I want my money back?

Nuffield (4254) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 21, 2016
Like the previous rater, I was thrilled when I found the cider. I have long struggled with (and dissed a great deal) the preponderance of American ciders that are far too sweet, heavily carbonated, and artificial. I’ve had a lot of English cider; in fact, I first developed a taste for cider while living in England. That, to me, is the true cider. This cider gets a great deal right about the English style. I liked that there was body and it didn’t depend on carbonation to appeal to the palate. The aroma had that classic English cider vibe. The flavor is flush with the varietals you’d get in Herefordshire. If there’s any complaint, I wasn’t wholly satisfied by the mid-to-late finish, which persists but doesn’t evolve or round off the flavor. At a few moments, it felt as though the finish were a little hollow. But overall, this was still a lovely can of cider, aspiring to the greatest of all cider traditions (apologies to the French, the Quebecois, etc.). Can.

EnglishAndy (1) - North Bergen, New Jersey, USA - OCT 30, 2016 does not count
As a lifelong cider lover who never got into beer at all, I was thrilled to discover this cider. Previously a fan of original Strongbow, original Blackthorn and Scrumpy Jack, none of which seem to be available in the USA anymore, I definitely appreciate a good, dry cider - the type apparently not appreciated by the American palate (or so I have read). This is very crisp and only a little fizzy. It is not supposed to taste of yeast or anything other than fermented apples. I have no idea why people are discussing its head and even calling its lack of one a negative, as cider isn’t supposed to have a head! Honestly not sure of the relevance of appearance. Somerset Scrumpy, the unfiltered stuff made at orchards, is so dense you can’t see a pinhead’s depth into it, so would score very poorly on looks. But if anyone let that put them off, they would be missing out. I suggest people concentrate on taste - something this has in abundance. Enjoy this very cold - like an Australian lager. Don’t water it down with ice - save that for poor quality ciders like Magners. This is a superb cider for purists, and particularly refreshing on a hot day.

Zgpt (54) - Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 25, 2016
Pours light yellow, sour smell, light palate, nice and dry, good flavor. Nice when I'm looked for a dry cider in the US ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Toiny (1) - Delaware, USA - SEP 1, 2016 does not count
This is what real English cider is supposed to taste like. Using the correct type of apple, and fermented in traditional way. A lot of people mention no head, it’s cider, it’s not supposed to have a head. If you are going to rate it in same style as a beer you are doing the product a disservice.