RATINGS: 112   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A lightly sparkling, crisply effervescent cider made with traditional English bittersweet cider apples sourced in the Malvern Hills of Worcestershire. Dark straw in appearance with a semi-brililant richness. The slight brettanomyces arome lends to an almost traditional farmhouse cider bouquet. Soft, subtle natural apple sweetness up front, brett and tannins mid palate move in to a slightly woody dry lingering finish.

pkbites' rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
pkbites (903) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2012
Can. Im thinking this may be better on tap or in a bottle. Funny metallic nose and taste almost ruin this. Nice darker yellow with no head. Decent enough apple nose. Flavor is of dry and slightly (SLIGHTLY!) tart apples. But.......! There is an odd medicinal taste that you cant shake. Sort of tastes like a Band-Aid smells if you get my drift. The metallic flavor also is a deal breaker. Try this on drought or bottle if you can, avoid the can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Carlisle (662) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2017
Can (16oz). Pours clear glass gold color. Sweetness upfront with some caramel notes followed by some dryness in the finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
joedago (1) - North Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2017 does not count
I signed up just to review this urine in a can. Have the best memories of the two liter bottles of cider in Waterford Ireland that we would happily get snockered on. Have yet to determine the name of that cider. In pursuit of it I have been buying each cider available for grocery store prices. They have all been a sweet mess. I thought I hit some top shelf when I saw this import, but was weary of an English version of cider. This stuff is more akin to a white wine, if served as such I wouldnt have known the difference. Perhaps I am biased, but this truly does smell like my urine and the taste cant be far from it. I want my money back and have lost all hope in the ciders available at the grocery store. My bad, I will have to step up my game to the taverns and Growler fills to find what I am after. Those prices are a far cry from the two liters sold around Ireland though, so I will first have a hand at fermenting my own cider and see how that turns out. I gave this cider a little credit on appearance since it does look like a crisp apple juice, but I think what I want is a cloudy finish that doesnt again, look just like my toilet aftermath. Did I mention I want my money back?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nuffield (4127) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 21, 2016
Like the previous rater, I was thrilled when I found the cider. I have long struggled with (and dissed a great deal) the preponderance of American ciders that are far too sweet, heavily carbonated, and artificial. Ive had a lot of English cider; in fact, I first developed a taste for cider while living in England. That, to me, is the true cider. This cider gets a great deal right about the English style. I liked that there was body and it didnt depend on carbonation to appeal to the palate. The aroma had that classic English cider vibe. The flavor is flush with the varietals youd get in Herefordshire. If theres any complaint, I wasnt wholly satisfied by the mid-to-late finish, which persists but doesnt evolve or round off the flavor. At a few moments, it felt as though the finish were a little hollow. But overall, this was still a lovely can of cider, aspiring to the greatest of all cider traditions (apologies to the French, the Quebecois, etc.). Can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
EnglishAndy (1) - North Bergen, New Jersey, USA - OCT 30, 2016 does not count
As a lifelong cider lover who never got into beer at all, I was thrilled to discover this cider. Previously a fan of original Strongbow, original Blackthorn and Scrumpy Jack, none of which seem to be available in the USA anymore, I definitely appreciate a good, dry cider - the type apparently not appreciated by the American palate (or so I have read). This is very crisp and only a little fizzy. It is not supposed to taste of yeast or anything other than fermented apples. I have no idea why people are discussing its head and even calling its lack of one a negative, as cider isnt supposed to have a head! Honestly not sure of the relevance of appearance. Somerset Scrumpy, the unfiltered stuff made at orchards, is so dense you cant see a pinheads depth into it, so would score very poorly on looks. But if anyone let that put them off, they would be missing out. I suggest people concentrate on taste - something this has in abundance. Enjoy this very cold - like an Australian lager. Dont water it down with ice - save that for poor quality ciders like Magners. This is a superb cider for purists, and particularly refreshing on a hot day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zgpt (42) - Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 25, 2016
Pours light yellow, sour smell, light palate, nice and dry, good flavor. Nice when I'm looked for a dry cider in the US ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Toiny (1) - Delaware, USA - SEP 1, 2016 does not count
This is what real English cider is supposed to taste like. Using the correct type of apple, and fermented in traditional way. A lot of people mention no head, its cider, its not supposed to have a head. If you are going to rate it in same style as a beer you are doing the product a disservice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hopdog (12083) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2016
Yellow color with almost no head. Apples (well of course), with a dry finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drpimento (3363) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 28, 2015
I do pick up the brett in the aroma, like the commercial deScription says, but Im so skeptical of the big brewers that I suspect it wasnt put there naturally, only as an extract/additive or some such. Carbonation was a bit soft here where more would help cut the sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
auerbrau (3203) - Ithaca, New York, USA - OCT 12, 2015
16oz Can. Ive had multiple four packs of this now and I must say I think its a decent value. Its not a really fair or good representation of the English apples, but it is a nicely tart, slightly astrigent balanced, and not overly sweet cider in a can for a decent price. The aroma is pretty classic, a bit cottony. The flavors are general good, theres some light spicy biting quality mid palate and some pear-like sweetness in the finish. Decent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
altonbrownd (5898) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - SEP 18, 2015
Bottle at ATR Bethesda. Golden body with no head at all. Nose is freshly cut apples, toast and sweet. Taste also lots of apples, some skunk and fruits. Thin texture.