overall
Brewed by Backus y Johnston (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Lima, Peru

RATINGS: 596   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered.
Cusqueña is a super-premium lager from Cuzco, the seat of the Inca empire. Brewed since 1911, it uses only the finest natural ingredients, including pure mountain water from a source at 18,000 feet in the Peruvian Andes.

Ubermunch (32) - Maryland, USA - JAN 6, 2009
I have now tasted Peru, and it’s not much different from the mediocrity of deal ol’ St. Louis. Not much to this except the malty lager taste. Pours and tastes better then expected (a bit bitter on the finish for me) but still not deep enough to bring about a return visit... especially with the 11.2oz bottle 6 pack at 8.99 in my area.

Bockyhorsey (2638) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - JAN 6, 2009
Bottle courtesy of mother in law. Aroma was of pastoized malt and somewhat odd. Gold body with white creamy head lot of carbination bubbles and good rings of lace left on pint glass. Flavor was rather bland grainy malt with some zesty lemon on the finish. This the second bottle of two she sent me. Thought the first one had more lemon zest to it and more refreshing.

Pinball (12600) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 4, 2009
bottle 33cl bot in carrefour, las palmas, gran canaria. clear yellow, small white head. aroma of honey, corn, sort of reminds me of a mild belgian blonde without the spices. flavor is caramel, toffee, skunky. overall too much toffee caramel for me.

cbeers21 (693) - Miami, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2009
Clear golden with finger of head. Actually I was surprized at the spicy malt presence on both smell and taste. There was a lingering honey malt quality which yeilded an intriguing clovey-ness. To be sure my expectations were low, but this brew had flavor and character than I had not antcipated. That said, its really not going to be worth returning to but it is quite good for what it is.

Rustyham (1836) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - DEC 31, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2009 I don’t care what anyone says, I like this beer, simply because I am not a Hop Head- I am a Malt Head, if they have those. This Lager is maltier than any other I have had, in fact, it’s almost Malta (which Cusqueña also makes). While Hops make a beer more exciting, the malt in here makes it more pleasant.

daknole (11048) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - DEC 25, 2008
Gold pour, small white head. Aroma is pure corn and malt. No real body, sweet corn flavor and light malts. Not overly carbonated which makes it relatively smooth, but not worth drinking again.

SHIG (4965) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - DEC 22, 2008
Bottle: Poured a golden color with a white head. Aroma is sweet grass. Taste is malt and slight grass.

KnutAlbert (6798) - Oslo, NORWAY - DEC 10, 2008
At last, a bottle of lager from Peru! Slightly bready aroma. A little rubber, some sourness, all together another nasty exotic lager. tick

altacyr (144) - Campinas, BRAZIL - DEC 7, 2008
Perfume e sabor suaves. Coloração âmbar, com espuma suave. Superou as expectativas.

Bungalo22 (326) - Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA - OCT 30, 2008
Had from the bottle that was purchased in Monterrey, Mexico. It pours a clear yellow with a nice fluffy head. It smells of corn and malt with a slight hint of hops. It is smooth but earthy and malty and not generally pleasing. I imagine on a hot day it would be OK.