Brewed by Porcupine Quill Micro Brewery
Style: Old Ale
Kwazulu-Natal: Botha’s Hill, South Africa

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
We continually hopped this beer using fuggles whole flower hops. Perle cascade and goldings were also used and with five different malts this is a big beer.

Most RecentTicked By

AtronSeige (1595) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - DEC 6, 2013
Aroma: Earthy, malty, raisins, oak, fudge, Appearance: Hazy, ruby body. Medium off-white head. Flavour: Medium bitterness, alcohol, dark fruit. Medium-high sweetness. tart, Roasted. Spicy, petter Palate: High carbonation. Medium body. Alcohol warming. Overall: A good old ale. Something to end a night with. 440 ml bottle, poured. 19A. Old Ale

SudsMcDuff (8438) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2013
16.9 oz bottle .. pours a deep amber brown .. low foam head, alright lacing . .. tannins and syrup .. . stood around to long but a dressed up sheet regardless .. . . I said, don’t disturb me when I’m cleaning my room!

Bruman (11) - SOUTH AFRICA - MAY 7, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 8, 2013 Sneaky alcohol could really get you as it’s sooo drinkable. All of the latest offerings from quills have stepped up and improved This is becoming my go to brewery for craft beer on South Africa this would be to my mind an English style imperial ipa

Oakes (17815) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 2, 2012
Muddy brownish amber. Thin head. The aroma has chocolate, leafy hop, subtle spiciness. Spicy taste, good chocolate note, subtle plum and apple fruitiness, with a splash of alcohol in the finish.