overall
RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 3.51/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Ok, so I brewed our 30th Anniversary Brown IPA in collaboration with Aaron and Wiggs at Dark Horse Brewing Co.. We used some specialty chocolate wheat malt, honey malt, oats, and a plethora of Citra hops in this hoppy dark brown ale. I’m super proud of it and hope you enjoy. Here’s to another 30 years!!

wmubronco1992 (709) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - DEC 16, 2013
Draft at Dark Horse 4 Elf party. Pours a near black. Off white head with some lacing. Wasn’t sure what this was going to be until I got a whiff of the grapefruit aroma. Flavors of citrus with a some sweet malt. Decent balance with a mild hoppy finish. Pleasantly surprised by this one.

alliance100 (1152) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 15, 2013
Draft at 4 Elf Party 2013 - pours almost black , very thin white head, some roast with a juicy hop presence. Pretty good .

crossovert (12927) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 15, 2013
Good brown/"black" ipa. It has some zippy citrus, sweet maltiness, slight caramel, not too malty.

DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Taster on tap at Crunchy’s. Mostly hazy dark brown / red color. Thin khaki head. Some dark fruit, light spicy hop. Grapefruit, light bit of nutty, chocolate malt. Decent lace. Bigger bitter taste. Light to moderate sweet, moderate spice. Bigger body. Lighter, crisp lightly soft lighter carbonation. Lightly sticky finish. Alright brown IPA, was hoping for more from this. Nice amount of hop, but not very well integrated

rumproasts (5359) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 11, 2013
tap. Deep brown with small head. Mildly hoppy brown ale. Not bad, but I was expecting something more out of this from the description.

Mittenator (1612) - Michigan, USA - FEB 26, 2013
Draft at crunchy's. This is the first "brown" IPA I've had. It does a nice job blending in some malts without making it too portery like most black IPAs do. Well blended.

ICEatALAMO (1349) - Troy, Michigan, USA - DEC 22, 2012
Draft. Pours a really funky brownish dirty dishwater type color. The aroma is also pretty unique as well. Get the hops for sure, but is also blended with some funk. The taste is crazy good. One of the best brown ales I've had i. A long time. Job well done. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Tmoney99 (14479) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2012
Draft. Poured a clear dark brown color with a large frothy off-white head that mostly lasted with good lacing. Moderate toasted malt and citrus hop aroma. Medium body with a smooth slick texture and soft carbonation. Solid balanced toasted bittersweet flavor with a medium to heavy bittersweet finish of moderate duration. Good complex brew.

deyholla (11600) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 11, 2012
Sampled from the tap at the brewpub. Pours a hazy brown with a dark brown head that lasts throughout the beer. Aroma has a good amount of dark grains with a hint of dark chocolate and a bit of honey. Flavor has a slight hoppy note with a good amount of dark earthy grains and a hint of chocolate.

blackflag321 (689) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - AUG 9, 2012
Draft at Crunchy’s. I am not a brown ale fan, so I sampled the draft my wife ordered. Toasty, chocolate, creamy with a nice, little hop kick. Makes me ask myself why I don’t try more brown ales. Next time at Crunchy’s I will order a pint of my own.