overall
RATINGS: 851   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Number Too - This beer is made with milk sugar (lactose) which gives this beer a nice creamy mouth feel which mingles with hints of chocolate and roasty flavors.

SturmWulf (65) - USA - JUL 22, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2007 slightly chocolate, slightly coffee aroma. Aroma was robust. Poured black, and I mean black! Head was small, brown and disappeared quickly leaving a very thin cap the rest of the way. Head was creamy. Left nice lacing. Flavor, started slightly sweet, then the chocolate, caramel and coffee took over in a beautifully balanced flavor that became very slightly bitter in a pleasant way. Body is medium, texture is very creamy and smooth, very soft carbonation. Finish was a pleasantly long. What a great beer!!! I will definitely add this to my favorite rotation of beer. A excellent beer by Dark Horse!!! If you like your beer, black as night, creamy with a nice balance of Malt, Chocolate and Coffee this is a beer for you!

riseagainstme (48) - Michigan, USA - DEC 15, 2011
I don’t care, until I have somthing better, this and the rest of the Dark Horse stouts are some of the best beers I have had. They are not hyped like crazy and cost $7 a 4-pack. YUM!