DC Brau / Union Craft Yonder Cities (Chili Powder)

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%

Most RecentTicked By

drowland (8955) - Georgia, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Sampled during CBC 2013. It seems DC Brau likes using powders in casks. Whatev. Anyway, orange pour with a nice khaki head that sticks and laces well (well it was a cask). Nice hop aroma, tropical fruits, some citrus, and a decent dose of an herbal pepper aspect. Nice flavor as well, tropical fruits, good bready malt balance, and a good dose of pepper and heat, which I dig. I thought this was damn tasty.

radagast83 (8339) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Still haven’t had the base beer, so review might be a bit skewed. On cask at Churchkey. Poured a vibrant yellow orange color with a small white head. Aroma was some herbs, slight sweetness, plenty of hop character in this one. Flavor was some mango notes. This one finishes with a lot of spice - and by spice I mean heat - and I mean hot peppers. I enjoyed this sensation, but I don’t think others in the group did.