DC Brau Thyme After Thyme (Juniper Berries)

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

Most RecentTicked By

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - FEB 16, 2012
Cask. Muddy dark brown body, small beige head. Aroma is moderately sweet, caramel, some juniper, thyme, coffee, cranberry. Taste is moderately sweet, caramel, some cranberry, juniper berry. Sticky medium-full body.

evanlarkin (315) - Northfield, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2012
Pours dark and muddy, with a lot of head for a cask. Interesting. Smell and taste are pretty much the same, tons of thyme, with hints of something I can’t identify. I’m probably just not familiar enough with juniper berries. Interesting, doesn’t taste like it’s 9%, but it’s also pretty heavy on flavor, so I couldn’t drink a ton.

radagast83 (8453) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - FEB 13, 2012
Cask at Churchkey. Poured a murky, light brown color - small off-white head. Aroma was thyme - serious notes of thyme. Belgian yeast notes. Flavor was about the same, thyme and Belgian yeast. I enjoyed it a lot for the 4oz sampler I got of it, but I’m not sure I’d enjoy drinking this is mass quantities. A very interesting "savory" brew.

Travlr (26069) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 13, 2012
Cask at Churhkey. Hazy brown color, small beige head. Aroma is a nice combination of spices that are just subtle enough. Taste is similar. Interesting version, well balanced.