overall
Brewed by Brouwerij De Ranke
Style: Belgian Ale
Dottignies, Belgium

RATINGS: 1453   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
XX-bitter is our most bitter, high-fermenting beer. Despite its low alcohol content, it produces a very rich, long lasting, full flavour.

Taste: Very bitter but still balanced. Long-lasting, distinct hop taste.
Hops: Brewers Gold & Hallertau Mittelfrüh. 16°. 10 EBC. 60-65 IBU.

spodude (10) - BELGIUM - AUG 25, 2006
This is by far the best beer i have tried in Belgium, a real Bitter, also available on tap :o)

extrahoplover (7) - BELGIUM - AUG 11, 2011 does not count
Man, this is my BEST EVER !

When I don’t know what to drink, I open my fridge and I pour an XX Bitter.

It’s always refreshing, surprising, dry, perfect...
I have no words for that one,
it is my best of all time... My church.

vincent_vega (14) - - OCT 10, 2011
le seul défaut de cette bière: son étiquette.
tout le reste est parfait. merci De Ranke

mrhoppy (1196) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JAN 14, 2014
I haven’t ever come across a beer from Belgium that was hoppier. This beer is hopped with massive amounts of Brewers Gold and Hallertau hop varieties. Crazy refined bitterness. This beer is so bitter it almost tastes like poison and Some gunpowder but in a good way if you can believe that. Pours to a beautiful, hazy, very pale golden color with lively carbonation. Very small sediment with yeast. The nose is a spicy bitter hop and a tiny sweetness followed by waves of very flowery, herbal, and citric and the hop aromas are nice and intense. There are malt and yeasty flavors, and lots of herbal and lemon peel hop flavors on the tongue. Finishes with an extreme, intense, brutal, flowery and herbal hop bitterness that lingers and will make your face smile it is so bitter. This beer is brewed for the hard core beer lover. I can’t believe I scored this for $3.50. A little skunky European but fabulously crafted. If you love bitter beers, this is one, that just has to be experienced. Insane gastronomic perfection! This one floored me! It’s frickin’ NUTS!!!!

taul (4) - - AUG 13, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2017 Celle-là eSt une merveille... Depuis peu elle domine beaucoup d'autres tant par sa fraîcheur, ses arômes agrumes et son amertume qui combine douceur et épice en font un breuvage d'exception.

frumento70 (4) - - SEP 16, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 16, 2017 Servita ad una temperatura di 7 gradi,riesce ad esprimere tutte le sue potenzialità .Una birra ben assemblata ,lo stile bitter centrato appieno,un amaro seducente dal primo sorso e persistente fino all'ultima bevuta .Una nota resinosa,di pino,la rende una birra molto ruffiana,nonostante l'amaro ospite fisso,i suoi sentori erbacei gli conferiscono qualcosa di selvatico,graminacee verdi e appena tagliate la rendono fresca.Una nota speziata decisa e persistente ti accarezza il palato ma non ti avvolge ma la rende sfuggente.Ottima birra