overall
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Melle, Belgium

RATINGS: 3354   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003.
The particular character and the unique taste of "Delirium Tremens" result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success.
In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as "best beer in the world". A gold medal during the "world beer championships" in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.

mikejmadden99's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikejmadden99 (103) - Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2002
When I saw the name Delirium Tremens on a tap handle, it reminded me of what I had read in a few beer books, and how it was "some" authors number one beer. Well when the lovely bartender poured me this beer I had much antisipated, buy the look of the orangish brown Beligian-Style beer emiting from the tap I looked not to be disapointed. Then she delivered this treat to me, and at my first smell of this beer my senses highten as I readied myself to tasted the best beer of my life......... BUT, I was suddenly dissapointed by the taste, not that this it was a bad taste but I had antisipated greatness and this was not greatness. It was very good, it had a great taste that masked the high ABV. But it was NOT the best beer "I" had ever had not even close. This makes me realize that I need to look more into what I read and who it is written by.

miniash891989 (86) - - JUL 22, 2017
Draft at The Dove. Has the nose of a wheat beers and this follows through to taste. Classic Belgian beer taste and delightful throughout. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

surething_ii (367) - Šenkvice, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - JUL 12, 2017
Bottle. Aroma: strong Belgian type Look: hazy yellowish Taste: yeast, there’s an attempt to be something more but it is killed by the alcohol Overall: rather good, but far from perfect. The alcohol!

kybo92 (64) - Zadar, CROATIA - JUL 11, 2017
4.9 samo jer mi je gulden draak nedodirljiv. Ooodlična piva, preporuka.....

buki (353) - Otwock, POLAND - JUL 9, 2017
Pisane z pamięci
Bardzo żywe, bąbelkowe, słodkie i kwiatowe. Nie jest ciężkie i cukrowe jak inne piwa z belgii za co plus. Schodzi niesaomiwicie szybko, pije się jak wodę niemal :) aczkolwiek alko zdradliwe jak zawsze :)

TH28 (451) - - JUL 8, 2017
500ml can. 12/20/16 can date. Appearance: Light golden and brilliantly clear with a thick frothy head and nice lacing. Aroma: Rich fruitiness dominated by banana and pear, with a hint of green Apple and bubblegum. Like fruity candy. No real noticeable hop or malt aromas under the dominant yeast esters. Taste: Moderate grainy maltiness with banana and pear esters, giving way to a touch of apple cider vinegar and sharp solvent alcohol. Mouthfeel: Light to moderate body with a touch of creaminess, a medium carbonation, and a distinct alcohol heat. Finish: Candied pear with a slight dry bitterness Overall: A beautiful looking beer with an amazing fruity ester Belgian yeast aroma. Aroma comes through in the flavor up to the point where a harsh solvent alcohol arrives and throws off the balance. It’s a shame because there’s a world class beer here with a rough edge holding it back from being great.

thejackpacker (448) - East Sussex, ENGLAND - JUL 7, 2017
Bottle from bierland, Belgium. The smell.is grown up with hints of wine/ some unidenitifale fortified wine. I find the finish a little difficult however, like a bock, this sense of uncessary alcohol. Had good memories of nocturum however.

AVLarsen (168) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUN 27, 2017
Bottle. A strong Belgian. Light in color. Hefty alcohol. Typical Belgian yeasty taste.

Scrumpy369 (802) - Budapest, HUNGARY - JUN 18, 2017
On tap at hoppy loft. Clear yellow colour small white head. Nose is apicey yeasty phenols. Light cilantro. Taste is medium phenols low bitterness. Definitve cilantro. Nice, and where else to drink it?

human313 (6) - - JUN 15, 2017 does not count
Good blonde beer. Albeit a little high in alcohol. Not sour, not bitter, not sugary. Can’t say spot on because that depends on the human tasting the beer.

midovark (933) - Balassagyarmat, HUNGARY - JUN 15, 2017
Pours deep golden with everlasting head. Decent strong blonde ale, pleasantly fruity enough, but nothing much more than this.