RATINGS: 1967   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
With a dark beer as our first and flagship brand, Black Butte defined Deschutes as a radical player. A slight hop bitterness up front enhances the distinctive chocolate and roasted finish. It’s prized for its creamy mouthfeel and intense complex flavors.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Martinsh (21) - Crewe, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 5, 2018
Bottle. One of a sixpack brought over by a friend from Loveland, CO A nice malty nose, with overtones of earthiness and wet grass. Pours a deep mahogany brown with a tight creamy head. An initial sharpness in taste gives way to a sweet creaminess. Black cherries, molasses and plain chocolate turning to latte. A soft carbonation that just caresses the tongue. Have absolutely loved this beer ever since I first tasted it – 12 years ago now.

BineGuide9 (1) - SAN DIEGO, California, USA - FEB 25, 2018 does not count
Delicious Beer! Let's just get that out of the way ;). I really enjoyed the Black Butte Porter. my friend displayed this beer on Instagram and your labeling got my attention. My favorite color is black but great job on the dark labeling. As soon as I poured my first ever glass of this frothy,thick,dark Gothic looking beer, I already knew it was going to be delicious. The taste was out of this is really amazing. Thank you for a great tasting Porter and my palate cannot wait to taste more.

coachwilly (1) - - FEB 17, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2018 This beer was personally not very impressive to me. The aroma was very misleading from the bottles description. It does in fact go down smooth but the taste is a bit overbearing. Not sure if I will drink this again. It was a better beer when it was not as cold.

csabroe (11) - - FEB 11, 2018
Definitely in my top 5 beers of all time! Everything about it is sooo good! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

grundsow (144) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2018
Good representative of Porter style. Roasted, bitter, lasting flavor lingers on the pallet.

DandyWolfFloyd (1404) - Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 10, 2018
Aroma- coffee, dark fruits, chocolate, roast and toffee. Appearance- brown body with a small beige head. Taste- chocolate, coffee, dark fruit, malt chocolate. Palate - full body, thick texture, average carbonation, and roast astringent finish.

ftzukrw (4) - - JAN 6, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2018 Descent porter but I only give it a 3. I may of had a old bottle, the best by date was 3 months late.

the_beergery (238) - - JAN 1, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2018 355 ml bottle. Pour is dark black topped with light tan or off white froth which dissipates to a thin ring. Aromas are mostly dark chocolate at first with roasted malts. Taste is dominated by roasted malts, so little sweetness, and mostly dry. Mouthfeel is creamy due to carbonation.

arsol (1347) - NORWAY - DEC 27, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2017 mørk brun farge med lyst beige skum. Lukter karamell malt. veldig mild/lett i smak. Ok. men ikke mere en det

Vighals (4650) - Sørumsand, NORWAY - DEC 27, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2017 Mørk brun lett tåkete med lavt beige skum. Lukter trevirke, nøtter og rosiner. Lett + i fylde. Smaker lett bitter brent karamell, noe røkt trevirke og noe sjokolade. Kort.