overall

RATINGS: 309   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Hits the tasty sweet-spot between Ambers and Pale Ales. Green Lakes is brewed in our organically certified brewhouse with 100% organic malts, and hops specially cultivated to preserve spawning streams. Altruism has never gone down so easy.

Fatehunter's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fatehunter (2613) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - FEB 4, 2013
Two fingers of head on a fairly clear, but deep red colored body. The smell is only faintly caramel. The taste is has a mild malt sweetness to start, then a mild grapefruit bitterness. The texture is crisp with moderate carbonation. This is an easy drinkin’ beer but still has some nice flavor.

Bill Becker (1770) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 15, 2017
From May 2008 Bought locally at Poplar Wine & Spirits. I'm not all that impressed with the few Organic Ales I've tried but I'm not passing up the chance to try this... Best by Jul 25, 2008 and 5.2% abv per 12oz bottle: It has a nice deep amber clear colour in the pour with a 1 finger head of foam. It has some good lacing and the head retention is above average. I get roasted and caramel malt in the nose and there's also a touch of citrus hops in the background. The taste reveals some caramel malt along with some bread, roasted malt, some piney citrus..already, it's a lot tastier than other organics that I've tried. The pine here works really well to balance the caramel and bready malt but the overall flavour isn't really all that balanced in the usual sense but in this case, it works well for my palate and judging from how often I take a sip, this is *very* drinkable. I dare say that this is the best Organic Ale I've tried to date but even putting aside the organics, this is just a darned good brew. Tasty, drinkable, good mouthfeel,..I'm sure glad I picked up the sixer and it probably won't be the last. Well done again Deschutes!

Reconqvista (339) - Madrid, SPAIN - APR 14, 2015
Golden orange color with a weak white head. Aroma is malty with some fruity notes and corn. Flavor is sweet with chocolate and clear bitterness. Hoppy end.

slowrunner77 (12804) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 21, 2014
"ok...this is one of THE best organic ales i’ve had. period. it is as good or maybe even better than cinder cone. what a clean, refreshingly balanced beer. ambers lack the punch or complexity to get a super high score, but this is one of the best. Another great job by Deschutes."

BrewGoblin (632) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - MAY 24, 2014
Pretty much the same as the Non-Organic Pub Exclusive I tried prior to it so the review it essentially the same. A nice balanced amber, great for hogging a sesh.

stevoj (5566) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAY 19, 2014
Nice and mild amber ale, somewhat subdued from the norm for the NW. Amber in color with small airy head, malty, nutty, some hop bitterness.

Lothore (647) - California, USA - MAR 29, 2014
A- Pours a hazy orange hue with little to no head. S- Very hop forward, pine with a spicy character. T- Very herbal, grainy, with a sustained wave of piney hops on the back end. M- Medium/low carbonation, medium bodied. D- This is a fairly tasty brew and I enjoyed it more than my score shows.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2013
Best by 28AUG12 Pours rusty amber with a solid sheet of creamy foam. Smells of english malts and some tea as well as just the slightest hint of caramel and herbal hops. Flavor is a nice malty amber with just enough astringency and herbal hops to keep me interested. Medium on full bodied with moderate carb and an off wet finish. Nice beer. Serving type: bottle 06-05-2012

ads135 (5010) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - DEC 2, 2013
Pretty good as far as ambers go. Malty backbone, very nice balanced. Sweet caramel and grassy hops.

coreyc1221 (319) - Truckee, California, USA - APR 29, 2013
Sweet smell. Sugary start with a Smokey caramelized after taste. Heavier feel than I expected.I likes.

ajnepple (7052) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 20, 2013
12 oz bottle. Pours brown and slightly hazy with a big rocky head and nice sticky lacing. Aroma is caramel malts, herbal hops and spices. Light to medium body with a slick feel. Flavor is crisp and clean with light caramel and light hops. A bit bland. Not too bad, just not for me.