overall

RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Who knows what inspired the ancients to build Stonehenge--or what inspired us to build Hop Henge in its likeness. But build it we did, out of wrapped bales of whole-flower hops out on the brewery lawn. Like the rest of the Bond Street Series, Hop Henge highlights the creativity and curiousity of our brewers. Bolder than its English ancestors, with huge hops and a bitter finish, this IPA is no wallflower.

NOTE: This is the original version. In 2007 it was bumped up to an IIPA. See that entry <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/deschutes-hop-henge-imperial-ipa/68396/>here.

leethorsell (3) - Bend, Oregon, USA - FEB 20, 2006 does not count
Got to give this one an A++. I really love IPA’s and this one to drink. I must say that I am a local here in Bend, Oregon where Deschutes is located and this is an outstanding beer. I see that some reviews were not like my high praise. All I can say is "try this one for sure". The hops really jump out and tingle your tounge. The best!

audinerd17 (49) - Texas, USA - MAR 31, 2013
10.4% IBV and a perfect experiment IPA? Sign me up. I'll be there. A great limited release I would recommend to any person interested in beer or not. So impressed by this brew. I'm going to try more of this brewery simply because this was great. I bought 6 bottles in 48 hours. Go get it now. Hello spring perfection. I will order a case to gift my new roommate to christen our new house. It's that good. - pixels sent via Beer Buddy on iPhone

heminator (72) - Virginia, USA - JAN 27, 2012
AMAZING aroma, crazy hops. First it hits you as floral and citrus-y, but then it reveals itself to have tremendous complexity and an IPA bitter finish. Keeps you guessing with every sip. Kind of love this beer.