overall
RATINGS: 661   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers’ farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

brian60625 (756) - Illinois, USA - OCT 17, 2013
12 ounce bottle in an ipa glass. Fresh and juicy mango hop aroma with a touch of pine. Appearance is a medium dark amber with lots of bubble action, big lacing, and doughy foam on top. Flavor on my palate is about 2 thirds hoppy and 1 third malty. The hop end hits first and is mouth coating: ripe tropical fruits, mangos, blood oranges, and pine and bubblegum flavors in the background. The malts play second fiddle but help balance it out and contribute toward a true APA character. Palate is medium bodied, not too fizzy. Overall, I liked the big, right-off-the-vine flavors and it’s a great value as a 12 ounce bottle in a mix six.

Linc (740) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAY 31, 2007
A fresh bottle of this is just great stuff. Some slight grassiness on the nose from the fresh hops, but that’s forgivable, ’cause there’s also a whole lot of fresh citrus hops coming through too. The hops are really nicely balanced in the mouth with a great grapefruit flavour and sweet malty flavour present in moderation. Eminently drinkable!

bsp77 (724) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2011
Serving glass: Poured from bomber into Nonic Imperial Pint. Appearance: Clear orangish-amber with nice off-white head and great lacing. Aroma: Sweet, fragrant orange, with touches of grapefruit, pine and toasted malts. Taste: Great mix of tangerine-like orange, grapefruit, toasted malt and some spiciness. The orange seems to intensify into the finish when pine and some bitterness come into play as well. Palate: Moderate carbonation, medium body that is very oily and smooth. Nice dry finish. Overall: This is a very fresh beer that I really could continuously drink all day - too bad I only have the single bomber. Other Wet Hop Ales I have had have been more IPA-like, but since this is more akin to an APA, this is probably the best APA I have ever had. Just fantastic.

wilnatp (719) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 28, 2011
Tap. Pour is amber with a white head. Aroma of floral and citrus hop. Taste to match. Tons of fresh hops!

bigbish (715) - California, USA - OCT 20, 2009
Boy was I excited when I opened this bottle, only to be let down. I don’t know, I guess I just expected some hops. Very faint aroma, what the hell? I expected hops. The flavor is barely hoppy at all, very thin and watery. I expected more body than this. No real bitterness to speak of. Very disappointed. Deschutes, you’re better than this...

puggy211 (712) - cordova, Tennessee, USA - MAY 27, 2008
I very much enjoyed this, probably because it really hit the spot. Fresh hopy, citrus, pine, and caramel aroma. Not bitter, but very smooth and refreshing. Lots of fresh hop flavor, caramel, orange, pine and citrusvery nice!