overall
RATINGS: 656   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers’ farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

Juthan (67) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 28, 2013
I don't mean to seem hyperbolic with my score, but this one is special to me. I grew up in the backwoods of Alabama. I spent a lot of time in the woods. For the sake of brevity, this smells and tastes like the woods of my youth. Heavy pine and floral aroma. Same on the palette with a nice caramel malty flavor, as well. Beautifully balanced. I absolutely LOVE this beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone