overall
RATINGS: 660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers’ farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 18, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2007 Delicious!!! This was an awesome beer. One of my favorite of the harvest style beers. Find it and drink it when it is fresh.

Canuckale (11) - Alabama, CANADA - OCT 29, 2010
My favorite ipa so far. I had this on tap at the Deschutes brew pub in portland. Fantastic. Great color, great hoppy taste.

Ctplt777 (533) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - DEC 20, 2014
HOPPY. Very hoppy. Tons of just delicious fresh citrusy bright hopes. Incredible. Is it a Pale Ale or an IPA? Doesn’t even matter here. It’s just a brilliantly hoppy beer. The hops are all that matters and they are just in your face. The taste is just juicy citrusy fresh hops. Exactly what they say it is. Definitely my favorite among these fresh hop beers that come out around this time. Definitely try this one. Cheers!

jennajlover (135) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 13, 2015
This is a brew I could love all day n night. Super citrus pine aroma. Medium bitterness but oh so quaffable. Muffin like malts and very light toffee. Hop bitterness and finish make this beer fantastic.

MetalNHopHead (2257) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - NOV 5, 2015
Keep the fresh hop releases coming, America. Not gonna lie, I crushed my bottle of Hop Trip. Along the way, I did manage to enjoy the medium bitterness, caramel malt backbone, pine notes, and grapefruit. In passing, I was also able to appreciate the dank, floral and leafy aroma. Mostly though I was too busy pouring it down the hatch. Then, I was a sad bastard when it was finished. Come to think of it, I still am.

buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Yes! Deschutes does it again! This is my favorite from them. Killer style. Fresh, crisp and not overdone. I agree with Alabasteor...between pale and ipa. I found this to be a flavor that I seek out in many beers and don’t receive. Funny how those guys in Bend knew what I was looking for!