overall
RATINGS: 656   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers’ farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

mpcerik (1) - Boise, USA - NOV 26, 2009 does not count
This was a delicious beer with a very fresh, citrus like, flavor to it. It has a very light body and goes down very smooth. the after taste is long and just as good as the first sip. This is one of my favorite beers so far.

JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 4, 2005
I have always liked Deschutes and am very eager to try this offering. Pours a gleaming amber with reddish hints and a nice, frothy head. Slick hop aroma with lemons and tangerines. Well balanced, sweet grain bill adds to the enjoyment of the fresh, very flavorful, slightly tingly, bitterness. The lemons are there, with a wet, fresh flavor. Extremely nice, session pale.

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - MAY 30, 2007
Holy cow! I might have a new favorit beer here. Pours a great copper color with a decent graham cracker color head that leaves nice lacing; clear with decent carbonation. Aroma of that great deschutes ice tea smell and carmeled ginger, honey, etc. Flavors are awesome with decent, very fresh bitterness, light citrus, a bit of pine, fairly sweet, but not cloying since it is so nicely balanced. Extremely easy drinking, extremely nicely balanced and a great example of the style. Bravo!

booradley2785 (12) - San Jose, California, USA - JAN 22, 2011
Subtle citrus and bitterness that finishes clean. Very filling. A new favorite of mine.

bsp77 (724) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2011
Serving glass: Poured from bomber into Nonic Imperial Pint. Appearance: Clear orangish-amber with nice off-white head and great lacing. Aroma: Sweet, fragrant orange, with touches of grapefruit, pine and toasted malts. Taste: Great mix of tangerine-like orange, grapefruit, toasted malt and some spiciness. The orange seems to intensify into the finish when pine and some bitterness come into play as well. Palate: Moderate carbonation, medium body that is very oily and smooth. Nice dry finish. Overall: This is a very fresh beer that I really could continuously drink all day - too bad I only have the single bomber. Other Wet Hop Ales I have had have been more IPA-like, but since this is more akin to an APA, this is probably the best APA I have ever had. Just fantastic.

ReedM (28) - - OCT 28, 2013
Wonderfully smooth pale ale! Very sweet and citrusy hops. Sweet hop aroma. Easy drinker, a great go to beer!

adrianehendee (56) - - OCT 20, 2016
Had on tap at brew pub in Bend. Not super clear, reddish orange. Some aftertaste, but takes a while & it’s not strong/biting.

mnurda (1298) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - DEC 18, 2005
I wish I could rate beers like some of uou folks, but it does not come easily to me. This beer is unreal if you like hopped-up ales. Thanks to Piscator for sharing the sample with me.

arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 5, 2008
Reviewed on: 11-12-2006 Serving type: bottle When I opened this bottle I was surprised that I got such a beautiful smell of fresh hops. Nice lacing and a nice orange-amber color. The first taste reminds me of hops, grass and peaches. The mouthfeel is thick and pleasant. I preferred this over Great Divide Fresh Hop by far. The low ABV adds to the drinkability.My first thought was to go back to the store and buy the remaining bottles, so I did. This is one of the best Pale Ales I’ve had in a long time. At 3.49 for a 220z. it was a really good deal. If you get the chance, try this one!

Nik925 (798) - USA - JUN 8, 2008
Dry n crisp. Hop flavor grows during the sip minimal bitterness great flavor. Great red color. A great brewery doing a fresh hop is a recipe for success.